Texas We've Seceded from the Union

trans shop in dfw

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or go over to ls1tech in the texas section and search!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

I have a phx 3600 in my 70e and its badass!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dustinstangz
I have a phx 3600 in my 70e and its badass!!!
I'm glad that you have had good luck... mark it down one of the few... of course you may not know what actually goes into any good converter.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you can wait 2-3 weeks I can help ya out. Send me a PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by built408
If you can wait 2-3 weeks I can help ya out. Send me a PM.
Ah yes I forgot about you.... Yes he can help you out...
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Teching In

There are a lot of TBSS guys around here running Phoenix transmissions. Greg Ducato is always on the TBSSowners forum. I can't speak for them personally since I'm not at that point yet.

How long ago were all the problems everyone was having? Maybe they're under new ownership now....?
Old 07-27-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gspfunk
There are a lot of TBSS guys around here running Phoenix transmissions. Greg Ducato is always on the TBSSowners forum. I can't speak for them personally since I'm not at that point yet.

How long ago were all the problems everyone was having? Maybe they're under new ownership now....?
over the last 3 years... the last unit we got into was about 12 months ago... All I know is several local guys had there "built" units that didn't have the parts that they paid for in them.... No I'm not going to name drop who... sadly most of those guys have sold their trucks now. You can try to save face all you want, but the truth is being told here... I have no reason to lie, neither my father or I are in competion with them... these guys just knew someone that knew us so we lent a helping hand to get them back on the road/track.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Built408 pm sent
Old 07-28-2011, 04:07 AM
On The Tree

Ive had plenty of converters to know.. Lol geez some guys on here just looking to talk ****...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dustinstangz
Ive had plenty of converters to know.. Lol geez some guys on here just looking to talk ****...
I'm not talking **** at all well maybe I will start a little bit here. Having the converter doesnt mean you know what is inside. Have you actually cut one on their converters open to verify its not just a factory reworked converter? I'm not trying to insult you, but I love how people that have owned a few converters think they have become some expert on what they actually bought. So like saying such and such builds a great transmission... unless you saw the parts go in and understand what they are doing how can you actually claim that?

Bottom line I have cut open several brands of converters. I exclusively use TCS performance in Arizona for all my 300m shafts, sleeved drum kits, and their converters because I know what Rusty puts in them.

Other Brands I like and know they build a great product would be Chris's converters from Circle D and PI converters.

Converters I stay away from

anything with the name Monster in front of it, Yank because you will have to yank your transmission back out and replace it, and Phoenix with their oh so special factory reworked converters....

Rant off... If you want to make a statement of how great someone is better be ready to back it up with sone real world knowledge of how **** works.

Just like Chase (Built408) we have had our differences, but the guy truely knows his ****! I know he will take care of the OP... You are the one that came in here to make a post that had nothing to do with the original thread!

Quick Reply: trans shop in dfw