Texas We've Seceded from the Union

True Street Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Street Motorsports?

Anyone familiar with these guys? I went to a dyno day this weekend, and although I was unable to make a pull, I heard that their tuner used to be a big LS tuner.

I am trying to keep my options open for local tuners once I do more mods.

key notes: I know of Sam and Jesse, and Ryan...but Sam and Jesse are quite busy lately, and Ryan is a bit further than I want in case something happens and I can't get out that way.

I want to find someone I can trust, and will make everything right. Also, someone who does re-tunes without charging. Some do, some don't. Some have a limit.

Hopefully this can help others too. If you don't recommend them, pm me why.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I will be taking my Harley to get a dyno tune once I get my headers in they are real big on Fords, as for LS tuners I would wait for the well known ones, as for retunes I dont blame them for a charge if they are having to take time to do them right again Me going buy 20 cars and counting 5 of them being mine Sam is the go to guy so is Jesse but never worked with the guy but hear he is good as well
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

If I'm dishing out $250 AGAIN for a tune, I don't want to pay for a retune when kinks need to be worked out. Or if I make small changes. BB is free, but you have to wait on a meet, I know one local tuner who does 5 retunes free. After that they are discounted.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

What I mean is theres guys out there not saying you but they will do headers and and all and weeks later they do an intake and call for a retune and lil stuff like that I usally let my tuner take my rides home will tune for hours and hours to get it right, days later hed drop it off a tune can't really be done in a few hours or one day well boost might be more hard but most local tuners have a $25 re-charge fee
Old 10-09-2012, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texasglock23
If I'm dishing out $250 AGAIN for a tune, I don't want to pay for a retune when kinks need to be worked out. Or if I make small changes. BB is free, but you have to wait on a meet, I know one local tuner who does 5 retunes free. After that they are discounted.
I don't consider working out kinks as a re-tune as there fixing what they should have fixed already. But if you add a blower on after the first tune you should feel obligated to pay more to get it re-tuned as you just changed everything tune wise. Same goes for Cams, etc. When you do anything that causes the VE and Mass Air flow tables the need to be completely re-calibrated via wideband you shouldn't expect that to be done for free. I get there are tuners that will do it for free but I bet they will spend a little more time when there getting paid.....
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In my opinion, if you are looking for something free to start with, I wouldn't want to tune for you. Maybe that's why they're busy..

Their time time is valuable, to adjust something is one thing. To retune, that's another. In this case another=$$
Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

So neither one of you knows anything about TMS? That's what the thread is about, not whether or not YOU would retune me for free or etc. 2 of the 3 listed provide free retunes...so does BBP. So what's your point?

Here is your logic...I don't want to tune you because "you want something for free". But in reality I prefer one who has that option, as several do...WHO WOULDN'T?

If TMS doesn't provide free re-tunes, I will make an informed decision and go from there.

I don't expect to boost my truck and have them spend hours on end tweaking a tune for free...never did you see me state that. However, if I toss a cam in, and decide to throw a stall or gears in a month down the road, I would like to get a retune, as there aren't that many tweaks to make for just these little mods...

SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SEAN, FROM TMS AS A TUNE, PLEASE CHIME IN.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

TMS? Well Sean used to work at LG Motorsports if he tunes your truck your in good hands and trust me LG doesn't just hire just anyone to tune' didn't know he was TSM's GM tuner I'm very well familliar with TSM all my Ford buddys go there and they do great work
Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, you don't say?

This was Saturday, and there were about double that...

I do not know his last name, may be a different guy. Kinda why I made the thread. There are always "DFW tuner" threads. This COULD serve to help those looking for a DFW tuner in the near future.

Maybe we could even merge a few threads and have it stickied in the Texas section? Create a sub forum for Dalls/Ft. Worth? I will ask nonnie
Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

and 62, I think he is the tuner period there. My info is very little...I guess I can just give them a shout for clarification, but that still leaves me questioning the tuner. Once again, if I am dishing out more money for a tune rather than sticking with my BBP, I want to hear people's opinions.

Quick Reply: True Street Motorsports?