TOOLS & FABRICATION Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding

After 85 years of USA Made, Craftsman hand tools now Chinese

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it really is too bad, but Sears is headed out of business soon anyway. Stares are closing left and right out here and supposedly Sears is about to be out for good.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks. i bought a 3/8 socket set from them wich is a made in usa i love it
Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

i wonder if my snap-on stuff is even made in the usa
Old 01-19-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

It's a combination of we the consumers (for buying) and our gov (for not taxing imports enough)!

40+years ago Dr. Smith and his family down the street get the "new" Zenith color TV, Fred and Nancy and thier 2.3 kids can't afford the USA made Zenith so they buy a Sony or Panasonic made in Japan for much less$$$. Well it happen to Japan too Imports of Color Television Sets Exceed Domestic Production | Economy | Trends in Japan | Web Japan by 1988 Chinese Television manufactures became the largest in the world. To put it simply the main reasons so many US citizins are out of jobs and losing everything we have is #1 we're cheap asses and buy cheap chinese **** #2 we're proud and LAZY backed up by our pocket stuffing unions. All of us think we should get paid $40+ an hour at a factory and several think it's ok to F**K off most of the day andwhen they get caught the union reps saves thier lazy ***. Then the US manufactures can't be competive with imports so they whine to the government and OUR US government comes up with NAFTA allowing US manufactures to setup plants and import from Canada and Mexico with little to NO import taxes so they can outsource less expensive labor. So when the Lazy asses at Chrysler in St. Louis get caught screwing around on the roof or behind the ventilation system all day watching TV, drinking beer and the Union saves thier $50 an hour jobs, and then organizes a stike for better this and more that, while Chrysler is loosing money on thier Neons trying to sell them for the same price as Kias (who's workers work for penny's on the dollar). Chrysler files bankruptcy, closes St.Louis plant, keeps Mexico plant open and there are a bunch of EX UAW workers looking for $12 an hour work today, who would probably be very happy to work at thier heated and cooled Chrysler plant for $20 an hour today. But it's TOO F**King late to suck up that pride and break a sweat!

So in conclusion it's OUR own Proud, Lazy, Greedy, Careless Selves that have gotten the great USA into this mess! If you don't buy Craftsman anymore because they have tried to stay competive with Harbor Freight then , STOP being a CHEAP *** and buy Snap-on, Cornwell, Mac, Matco, etc....MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

"thier water is undrinkable" That's ok they can just fly or float thier asses over to the good old USA and live here just like all the Mexicans do. We won't do anything about it, hell they don't even have to have children orn here as long as people like George Bush let them become citizens! Not that I have anything against Mexicans I just son't like paying taxs to support them while they free load on our government. You should have benn supporting your brother inlaw, brother, sister uncle, whoever all along at Cornwell! The Japanese auto manufactures setup assembly plants in the US so they get Tax breaks, they don't have to pay nearly as much in tax to import parts as they do to import complete vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

this is not what i wanna hear. looks like ill only be spending the extra buck for snap-on.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

Don't think I'm a saint, I'm just telling the facts as to how we got ourselves into this situation. I shopped a Wal-Mart last night and I own about 8 Harbor Freight $10 4.5" grinders. I do only buy Snap-on hand tools though.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Putting our buying power in the control of major retailers like walmart and sears and them showing them we want to buy cheap instead of quality USA made products, basically forces them to buy, sell manufacturer cheap crap too.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
The House is Rockin'

SCREW CRAFTSMAN lol....

Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUES MAN

Quick Reply: After 85 years of USA Made, Craftsman hand tools now Chinese