TOOLS & FABRICATION Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding

FINALLY a big boy toolbox!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboy576103
Dude that thing is sweet. I like the finish on er.

I've had my eye set on the kobalt one that has a radio and a ice box build in. No dinero tho
Those boxes are nice but I've already got a stereo and I'd want a bigger fridge for the garage anyway.
Originally Posted by dlt76028
Nice toolbox, but who's the "big boy" you speak of?
You sweetheart
Originally Posted by SincalT/A
I think that's a WIP...It does help to get yo mind in it by buyin big boy stuff.Gotta think it to be it right Cody?Liken the box I'm deffinately a lil jealous.

BTW. Good save on the garage clean up cause,I was gonna hammer you on it.Not that mines any better.I figured you mighta needed some inspiration.
2 car garage worth of **** in a 1 car garage looks like crap but this apt and garage was just temporary til we got a house. I could be an ls junkyard with how much **** ive got lol.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me to I have parts junk yards don't have u can ask Alex(fatal) and eric (fast rt) lol.

Haha ya I here ya bro this is tha fridge we got in our shop don't judge we usually got to cases in it.
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY a big boy toolbox!-alvarado-20110521-00170.jpg  
Old 05-21-2011, 10:51 PM

Once we get in the house, Ill be epoxying the garage floor, setting up the surround sound, getting a beer fridge(with 8 years worth of performance stickers to put on it ) and I plan on insulating the garage door so I can keep it nice and toasty in the winter and keep it decently cool in the summer with a small swamp cooler. Finding a small swamp cooler for a decent price has been more difficult than I thought so keep your eyes peeled for me if you dont mind.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:08 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking box man! I like those for home/personal use. Those and kobalt make nice home boxes. They don't last long in my field though.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:38 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
BTW. Good save on the garage clean up cause,I was gonna hammer you on it.
I was thinking the same thing!! But seeing that he's getting ready to move I figured I would bite my tongue.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Once we get in the house, Ill be epoxying the garage floor, setting up the surround sound, getting a beer fridge(with 8 years worth of performance stickers to put on it ) and I plan on insulating the garage door so I can keep it nice and toasty in the winter and keep it decently cool in the summer with a small swamp cooler. Finding a small swamp cooler for a decent price has been more difficult than I thought so keep your eyes peeled for me if you dont mind.
Smart move on the epoxy, I would suggest doing a double coat as well. Mine is holding up really well but I keep thinking a second layer would of been perfect!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I was thinking the same thing!! But seeing that he's getting ready to move I figured I would bite my tongue.

Smart move on the epoxy, I would suggest doing a double coat as well. Mine is holding up really well but I keep thinking a second layer would of been perfect!
Yeah Ive got everything tore apart throwing stuff away and packing along with swapping toolboxes. Notice all the crap in the bed of my Z71 in the second pic. Hopefully Ill be finished with it tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I was working out of several boxes and one of them happened to get bent very badly during a move one day.

I got the "less expensive" series of box that Snap-On makes but still has a good amount of storage. Once I started filling it up, I quickly realized that I'll be buying a top box or side cabinets for this one in the future

It's a 72"x25"x42" Classic series and when I got this he threw in a matching roll cart to work out of. I was tired of having all my high dollar tools out in the open and not able to be locked up. I also got a slip cover a few weeks ago for it... Because it may be leaving where it's at and coming to the house while I pursue other forms of employment
Old 05-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Nice tools boxes! Its a great feeling when you upgrade from your little box to one that has more space than your clothes dresser LOL. I used to have 2 craftsman boxes and then I got a Snap-On KRL7022 Master Series box for the garage and love it! Eventually going toi get a side cabinet aswell. I had mine for over 2 years now.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I considered that same box when I was looking but I was out for plain and simple cubic inch per dollar LOL. They're awesome boxes but structurally the Classics are the same box and I was kind of in hurry-up mode haha. I opted for the maple top for mine too instead of the stainless most everyone else gets 1, because it was waaaay cheaper LOL, 2, because I hadnt seen a wood top box in a very long time. And 3, because it was waaaay cheaper
Old 05-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I considered that same box when I was looking but I was out for plain and simple cubic inch per dollar LOL. They're awesome boxes but structurally the Classics are the same box and I was kind of in hurry-up mode haha. I opted for the maple top for mine too instead of the stainless most everyone else gets 1, because it was waaaay cheaper LOL, 2, because I hadnt seen a wood top box in a very long time. And 3, because it was waaaay cheaper
LOL.. Well the price tag on this bix is not what i paid for it. So I got my cubic inches per dollar so to speak So I have equity in this box now

Quick Reply: FINALLY a big boy toolbox!