TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

4x4 problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really doubt it's the actuator if the front is spinning when off the ground. You should be able to HEAR the actuator engage.
But for your sake I hope it is.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much do they cost to rebuild at most shops? mine needs some work
Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by viciousknid
I really doubt it's the actuator if the front is spinning when off the ground. You should be able to HEAR the actuator engage.
But for your sake I hope it is.
That's the same thing I said that prob it won't be the actuators cus they spin off the groun but he sad there's still a possability that it might be the actuators
Old 01-14-2011, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

I went through the same **** out playing and got stuck got it back to the house and raised it up all was working. thought it was the acctuator took it out and pushed the button it worked. So thought I was good and this was before i knew about the clutch pack in the tcase went out and got stuck again had a friend watch the front shaft while i stood on it and he said it turned about a 1/4 turn and stoped still not knowing about the clutches but knew it was in the tcase by this time. So once i found out about the crap inside the tcase I said f this crap and went to a friends junk yard and he had a tcase out of an 06 with the manual shift it went into my truck that day and have had no probs yet. You will have to keep the buttons to be able to engage the diff.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pkozera
I went through the same **** out playing and got stuck got it back to the house and raised it up all was working. thought it was the acctuator took it out and pushed the button it worked. So thought I was good and this was before i knew about the clutch pack in the tcase went out and got stuck again had a friend watch the front shaft while i stood on it and he said it turned about a 1/4 turn and stoped still not knowing about the clutches but knew it was in the tcase by this time. So once i found out about the crap inside the tcase I said f this crap and went to a friends junk yard and he had a tcase out of an 06 with the manual shift it went into my truck that day and have had no probs yet. You will have to keep the buttons to be able to engage the diff.
got any pics of that ???
Old 01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Most Hated
That's the same thing I said that prob it won't be the actuators cus they spin off the groun but he sad there's still a possability that it might be the actuators
He could be tryin to just get more work/$$$ out of you too. Test the actuators first before replaceing them.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

how do i test em out
Old 01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Not too sure but I would guess you take them out, clamp them down and throw some power to it to see if it moves.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Where's the Beef?

yea. Just take the actuator out and push the button. If the actuator extends or retracts it works. However as stated. if you roll down your windows and push the button you should HEAR the actuator move.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

What pics would you like?

Quick Reply: 4x4 problem