TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Alignment issues on 2000 ECSB Z-71

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment issues on 2000 ECSB Z-71

I have a 2000 Silverado with a 3in body lift and 35x12.50 17 Pro Comp X-Terrains. I am having issues with my front end alignment, and it's severely affecting my tire wear on the outer edge of my front tires.

The place I have been taking it to just can't get it right. The camber appears to be way off. It was like this for a while on both sides, and I finally took it back after seeing the abnormal tire patterns developing. When I picked it up again about 1.5 weeks ago, the driver side looked better, although the top of the tire was still leaned out a bit (positive camber). The passenger side however, was worse than before

The owner, which I know quite well, told me I was out of adjustment. I don't see how this could be possible since the front suspension is all stock. I don't even have the Ford keys that alot of guys are running. In this last week or so since I picked it up, the pass side front tire is wearing even worse than before. I have to do something about this quick before I ruin this expensive set of tires. Is there anything that can be purchased to correct this? Or do they just not know WTF they're doing?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like they don't know what they're doing...either that or your BJs are worn out. But they should be able to determine that when they're aligning it. A couple of years ago I cranked up my stock keys and took it to Firestone for an alignment..you could see the pos. camber on both wheels. They callled and said it was done and it looked exactly the same as it did when I left it, WTF. Took it Pep Boys and they got it right, believe it or not.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

I dont get it either man, sum places will get the camber perfect with no questions? Sum place will get it and set it on the rack and say its to far cranked, its really if u get sumone who wants to do the job, or just sum a hole that get 5 bucks an hour and dosnet wanna do the job. I know people with ford keys maxed out, thats like almost 4 inches from all the way down, to full crank. They have no alignment issues. They just tend to wear front end parts out more!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

I appreciate the replies fellas. I do have my torsion bars turned up enough to get the truck sitting better, but, I did this when the truck had only 23k on it. I am at 75k now, so I know that's not the case either.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Some people just either don't know what they're doing, or, just don't want to do it.

I'm calling another place tomorrow to see when they can get me in. They are suppose to be the best within driving distance that I have heard of. I'll be sure to post up what the results are.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

I called and got an appointment for Thur. They sounded very confident when I spoke with them on the phone. My fingers are crossed...
Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Need More N2O Mod

i would look at the adjustments keys and see if there is any more left of the adjust. i had a s10 blazer once and with stock keys i had it cranked to the max and it wouldn't align.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

These guys new what they were doing. They took one look at it and knew the other place had it all jacked. The truck drives better than I can ever remember. It looks right to the eye as well. $87 well spent. Thanks to everyone that replied.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

Glad to hear you got it done...some places have no business trying to fix vehicles...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

Excellent! I used to do my own because i had access to it at school now i dont, but helps knowing a few guys at the local place. They take their time and get it done right.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Made in South Korea

I find the guys who own lifted trucks to do mine. I had all sorts of issues when I bent my steering box in my 96 chevy he wouldn't charge me till it was 100% correct!

Quick Reply: Alignment issues on 2000 ECSB Z-71