TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

anyone tried these keys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neocon
I don't know for under $100 I would. I think i paid $76 when i bought them.

This in my truck. I had the ford key just never installed them. I just have a 3" body. I ended up selling them to my friend. They were a easy install.
what's your wheel size and tire size in that pic? looks good
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

jp let me know what he says about his lift. im looking to put a lift on my truck and thats about the height i want to go. also ive got 33's on mine and i only have alittle rubbing with the little cutting i had to do.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TINKRD
so what size tire do i need to get w/ a 20x10 wheel? or should i just not go w/ a 20?? perhaps a 18x8.5

i see they make a 20x8.5 Gunner 6 wheel, but i think that's too narrow of a wheel and would look goofy.

sorry for the newb questions, but i'm 100% newb to the 4x4 suspension

i got underneath the truck today and cranked down the stock keys. now at least it sits pretty level :thumbsup:
The 20x8.5 would fit better and I'd stick with no bigger than a 33x12.5 tire. You still might have to cut a little bit tho.

Originally Posted by 20firebird02
jp let me know what he says about his lift. im looking to put a lift on my truck and thats about the height i want to go. also ive got 33's on mine and i only have alittle rubbing with the little cutting i had to do.
He had a rough country leveling kit. Keys and 3" rear blocks.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Teching In

what's your wheel size and tire size in that pic? looks good
They are 325/50R20 20x10s. If this is as tall as you want to go I would not do 10 wide. I rub pretty bad. I have 3" body and cranked stock keys. It would be fine also but I have 4.5 BS. My winter tires are 295/70R17 on stock rims and I could jump the truck and not rub. It is a no stress tire and wheel set up. My truck rarely see dirt so I dont care if it rubs.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandomHero
You'd be an idiot not to. It's a piece of metal. I assume he was kidding, but you'd be a real dumbass to waste that much money intentionally
no im really a picky *******...id never run a ford part even if it was just those keys...
Old 06-15-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 20firebird02
he said it was the rough country leveling kit. ford keys, shocks and 3in blocks.

he said he had to do a fair amount of trimming to not rub.

i asked him if it rubbed due to tire height? if so, if i went w/ a bigger lift would that fix the rubbing.

or if it was due to the 10in wheel width. if so, appropiate backspacing would fix that.

so now i need to research to see what backspacing on a 20x10 wheel will remedy the rubbing issues.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Launching!

You can't backspace it too much, or you will end up rubbing on the sway bar and probably other things as well when you turn, stick with about an 8" wide rim and 4.5" back space. A 33" tire height will fit on that combo with minimal trimming if you crank the stock keys all the way up. Otherwise get a BL or a suspension lift to fit the wider/bigger rims.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownHD
You can't backspace it too much, or you will end up rubbing on the sway bar and probably other things as well when you turn, stick with about an 8" wide rim and 4.5" back space. A 33" tire height will fit on that combo with minimal trimming if you crank the stock keys all the way up. Otherwise get a BL or a suspension lift to fit the wider/bigger rims.
I plan to go w/ the rough country leveling kit and then a 3in body lift. I still want a 20x10 with a 33x12.5x20. I don’t know if its going to be a huge headache, but I hope w/ the leveling kit and BL it will give me enough clearance.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

you can always get a bumper kit or mod it yourself and move it forward an inch, and that helps with tire clearance
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Launching!

I plan to go w/ the rough country leveling kit and then a 3in body lift. I still want a 20x10 with a 33x12.5x20. I don’t know if its going to be a huge headache, but I hope w/ the leveling kit and BL it will give me enough clearance.
If you have the BL and the stock keys cranked all the way up, you shouldn't have an issue clearing the 10" wide rim on 33s". And you probably don't need to buy the leveling kit at all, just get longer shocks, or extended brackets for the front. Check out cognito motorsports they have a lot of good front end stuff for the trucks.

Quick Reply: anyone tried these keys?