TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

best lift for silverado

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best lift for silverado

trying to find out what kinda lift is the best for a 2004 ecsb silverado.iv'e been told to go with rcd
Old 12-02-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rcd makes a really nice kit I like it a lot. I wish I could have afforded to lift my truck and still do the performance stuff also...But I have been thinking about selling my wheels and putting the $$$ towards a lift... RCD is the only lift I would do. My cousin had a superlift on his 99 and he had nothing but problems.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everybody i know with chevys aorund here has fabtech and no compliants really . thought that might help . my buddys 2000 z71 has a 6 inch from them and 35's , my bosses 1500hd 03 has a 6 inch and 35's . and a lot of trucks come into my job and have the same lift its popular around here
Old 12-02-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I really enjoyed my pro-comp lift that I had on my old truck. the majority of the lifts made for silverado's are true 4". YOu can of course use blocks to go higher, and ford torsion keys for the front, but blocks are crap. If you're looking for an awesome setup go for the pro-comp or fabtech. The nice thing I like about the fabtech is the ultra-beefy spindles that come with the kits. Pro-comp though has a very very nice true 6" lift. I'll attach a pic of my 97 k2500 i just sold. I will tell you one thing though, if you go with the bigger torsion keys and raise them all the way, you're never going to have a decent alignment. The best 200 bux I spent was on high arc springs from 4wheelparts for the rear that added 1" over the pro-comp true 6, and also ditched the oh-so-crappy blocks. I'll post up some more stuff later when I'm not slacking off from studying.

btw, tires are 37x16x12.50 irok radials, and also there's a complementary pic in there of some nice GForce vettes
Attached Thumbnails best lift for silverado-small03.jpg   best lift for silverado-small04.jpg   best lift for silverado-small07.jpg   best lift for silverado-small09.jpg   best lift for silverado-small020.jpg  

Old 12-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fabtech or whiplash they both make nice kits for sure. A local shop from where I am from has developed a kit that is very nice its called 3rd Coast.

You can see some of their work here http://bncoffroad.com/main.htm
Old 12-03-2005, 03:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Fabtech or whiplash they both make nice kits for sure. A local shop from where I am from has developed a kit that is very nice its called 3rd Coast. You can see some of their work here http://bncoffroad.com/main.htm
Uh, I definitely would not reccomend Whiplash as they are quite possibly one of the WORST lift companies around. Whiplash is garbage, nice kit and Whiplash definitely do not go together!!!

RCD, Rancho, Superlift FIT, and Fabtech are all knuckle type lifts. These lifts leave the UCA in the stock location, the differential is dropped 4.5 inches on them (except the FIT) and the lca is dropped 6 inches. (5 for the FIT) New knuckles are used with these kits, contrary to popular belief, no torsion bar cranking is needed to achieve 6 inches of lift (well except the FIT) since the LCA is dropped a full 6 inches. CV angles will be at a bit of an angle, however I think people take the whole CV thing a bit too far. With most of these kits you wont be able to run the stock wheels because they need to have more that 4.5" of BS to clear the new knuckes. Fabtech can run the stock wheels, but as a result increases the track width more. Knuckle lifts will increase your track width some, which some do not like.

The other type of lift would be a Fulldrop lift. It depends on the size you want, but if you want a 6 inch I'd go with the Procomp 6". Superlift makes one but its a piece of crap, I have seen a UCA drop break in person. Full drop lifts do not increase track width and all can run stock wheels.
Big lifts take your pick from Cognito and Full Throttle. Third Coast is just a Full Throttle with a different subframe.

To the original poster of the thread, what size tires do you want to run? How big do you want your truck?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

i want to go 6'' of lift with a 35'' tire

Last edited by slowvan79; 12-04-2005 at 05:07 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 12-04-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll add one comment to what 00silverado said. The ability to run near-stock sized wheels is convenient especially in finding a good deal on wheels. I ran 16"x10" offbrand wheels from discount tire that were 80 bux a piece (8 lug). Not a bad deal, they're kind of like the oh-so-popular mickey thompson's. running a smaller wheel diameter will save you money when looking for tires too. If you're looking for tires taht're going to be daily driven on the street and see pretty much just the street then you could look at all-terrains. they're very very durable tires. I ran IROK radials and on my 3/4 ton 7.4L I put about 4k miles on them and they still had a little more than 50% tread left on all 4. daily driven on the street, and mudding on the weekends. interco makes some badass tires. sold the truck because gas kicked me in the nuts. getting worse gas mileage is no bueno, especially 6mpg on the street
Old 12-05-2005, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

yeah i hear that about the gas mileage but ive debated on lifting my truck or leveling it out and putting some 20's on, and i really want to lift it
Old 12-06-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would do a 2/4 drop with some twankys or some duece dueces!

Seth

Quick Reply: best lift for silverado