TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

best lift for silverado

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good lift would be either a Fabtech or even Cognito, they make some nice stuff also. FWIW, Rough Country is coming out with a newer lift also. They already have a non torsion bar drop kit that is kick *** and the newer version that should be out after the first of the year will be a non t-bar drop/no destruct kit, its also quality stuff and you can also get their CNC billet upper control arms.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowvan79
yeah i hear that about the gas mileage but ive debated on lifting my truck or leveling it out and putting some 20's on, and i really want to lift it
Adding heavier wheels and tires is the main reason for the MPG loss. Added resistance hurts also. Adding 20's with a wider tire would do the same thing.

I run the P.C. 6". dual shock hoops and all. Nice kit and rides good. Anyay it all goes to how much you wanna spend. My only do not use opinion would be the old full drop superlift kit. Too many peices 3/16 steel and you have to use a plumb bob to install it.

I based my decision off of my non auto track t case. with auto trac a driveshaft is needed for any kit that drops the diff more than 5"
Old 12-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Default Best Performance Lift

Best Performance Lift Out There With Out Breaking The Bank Is The Cst Kit!! Very Very Very Affordable!! If You Want My Fabtech Kit From My Truck Ill Sell It To You Cheep. It Will Be Right Off My Truck. Its The 7" Fabtech Kit. Im Looking Into Investing Into Either A Cst Long Travel Kit Or A Camburg Kit.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

CST is the best
Old 12-07-2005, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Whiplash lick my *****
Old 12-08-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Got a link to the CST kits???
Old 12-08-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
Got a link to the CST kits???
http://www.californiasupertrucks.com/

Originally Posted by facn8me
My only do not use opinion would be the old full drop superlift kit. Too many peices 3/16 steel and you have to use a plumb bob to install it.
Yeah that kit is a piece, in fact on another board a Superlift employee admitted that the kit was designed with "redneck engineering." Yeah that is a kit I'd want to run on my truck

A good lift would be either a Fabtech or even Cognito, they make some nice stuff also. FWIW, Rough Country is coming out with a newer lift also. They already have a non torsion bar drop kit that is kick *** and the newer version that should be out after the first of the year will be a non t-bar drop/no destruct kit, its also quality stuff and you can also get their CNC billet upper control arms.
I don't think you can compare a Cognito kit to the Fabtech, they are two different beasts. The Fabtech is the typical knuckle lift dropping the differential 4.5" and the LCA 6". As a result this creates a CV angle that many don't like. The Fabtech 8" for the HD's is probably one of the worst kits on the market, that kit will wear through steering components like nothing. The Cognito 7-9" drops the differential 7 inches and the LCA the same amount. The Cognito's also include Pitman and Idler arm supports, which solve the issue of the stock pieces causing excessive play in the steering. Justin makes a quality kit and stands behind his product. I just wish I had the money, I'd definitely go Cognito. Full Throttle makes a decent kit, I haven't heard of anybody having problems out of their kits. The Rough Country kit is already out, it looks like a kit that will be comparable to the other knuckle lifts on the market. Their billet UCA's are way overpriced, especially since they use a press in balljoint. I'd get Cognito or CST UCA's instead. Here are a few pics of the new Rough Country lift.
Name:  RCXinstalledside.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  58.4 KB
Name:  RCXinstalledsuspsideview.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  63.0 KB
Name:  RCXinstalledlowerfront.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  55.6 KB
Name:  DSCN0596.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  63.5 KB
Old 12-08-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Oh don't get me wrong, if I had the dough, my truck would have a Cognito kit ASAP. It is IMO THE BEST engineered kit on the market bar none. I really like their 7-9" kit. A friend of mine in Sherwood,AR has a 12" Cognito on his new Duramax and its some damn nice hardware.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh don't get me wrong, if I had the dough, my truck would have a Cognito kit ASAP. It is IMO THE BEST engineered kit on the market bar none. I really like their 7-9" kit. A friend of mine in Sherwood,AR has a 12" Cognito on his new Duramax and its some damn nice hardware.
Is your friends truck on 40's and 22's? If so he posts on another truck board I am on.
Name:  Picture016.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  64.3 KB

My friend runs a 10" Cognito on his 04 GMC, with 37" X-Terrains and I absolutely love his truck. Another friend has the new knuckle 10" kit and his is awesome as well. The 7-9 is a nice kit,

This guy just put a 7-9" on his truck with 35x14.5 Mud Grapplers on 18" wheels, I think it looks pretty damn good
Old 12-08-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Yup. That would be Mark.

That red truck looks tough as hell.

Quick Reply: best lift for silverado