TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

best lift for silverado

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats the same tires im gonna run like the red one . figure 9 inchs on a 2wd 35's will look like they have enough clearence right ? 7 inch factech crossmemeber lift and 2 -3 inch bodylift .
Old 12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duh!!!!

have you guys every heard of a company call CAMBURG? they make the absolute best lift a silverado. the kit uses a uni-ball insted of crappy, weak, ball joints. its about $1800 but you definately get what u pay for
http://camburg.com/chevysprod.html
Old 12-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Default for looks or for performanc?

you looking for just looks or performance(wheel travel). If its just looks then just go with a Fabtech kit a 7" kit is like 1225$(not installed, with fabtech shocks and rear blocks).Its pretty easy to install if you have the right tools and some good friends that want to help you out on a weekend project. p.s. Dont buy your friends beer till after the job is done!! If its for performance and looks then go with a CST kit. 15!!" of wheel travel damn and for the money you can beat that price for almost a total bolt on kit(it requires some cutting and welding) cost depends on what shocks you go with and up grades you do. It also requires some up grades aswell (longer brake lines- 98$). ill post a pic of my truck with a 7" fabtech kit on it.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

ya please post the pic .

i was gonna go with camburg buts lets be real i aint gonna be jumping hills and stuff around here lol . id rather pay the 1500 shipped for the 7 inch with blisten 5100 shocks and have my buddys install it .

will 7 inch lift and 2-3 inch bodylift on a 2wd clear 35's?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by URLIFEWASOC
you looking for just looks or performance(wheel travel). If its just looks then just go with a Fabtech kit a 7" kit is like 1225$(not installed, with fabtech shocks and rear blocks).Its pretty easy to install if you have the right tools and some good friends that want to help you out on a weekend project. p.s. Dont buy your friends beer till after the job is done!! If its for performance and looks then go with a CST kit. 15!!" of wheel travel damn and for the money you can beat that price for almost a total bolt on kit(it requires some cutting and welding) cost depends on what shocks you go with and up grades you do. It also requires some up grades aswell (longer brake lines- 98$). ill post a pic of my truck with a 7" fabtech kit on it.
That kit you are speaking of also requires fiberglass fenders. I dont think badasschevy will be going out and running the desert or hitting the dunes, so I think a Fabtech kit will be just fine. For fitment, it depends, 7" would be fine for 33's, 35's are ok if you don't mind the stuffed look. With the 7" Fabtech and a bodylift you will clear the 35's and I dont think you will rub at all. JMO though...
Old 12-10-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

i wanna lift it so bad and go have some fun in trails and minor mud . and the looks and feeling higher then everyone . but im still scared the height is gonna greatly effect me when i theow stockies on it for the track
Old 12-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

well if want a lift where ur going to have to replace the damn ball joints ever 3000 miles get a fabtech lift. but honestly, if u want a good lift for the trails, go with the CST lift. its right around $1400 and its an AMAZING lift for the money. its ***** on RCD, Rancho, Fabtech and all thoes other cheap azz lifts. plus, if u pay the extra $400 you can get a set of dana 4:56 gears installed and that will compensate for the 35's and ur truck will accelerate and cruise on the freeway like it did when it was stock
Old 12-10-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

see i hear different things from everybody . my brother is his wifes truck , my boss , my friends z71 and like 6 other trucks i know of with fabtechs have no compliant . ive yet to see many CST lifts around here to ask the person who owns it how they like it . but im going with 4.10 with the 35's most likely .
Old 12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
ya please post the pic .

i was gonna go with camburg buts lets be real i aint gonna be jumping hills and stuff around here lol . id rather pay the 1500 shipped for the 7 inch with blisten 5100 shocks and have my buddys install it .

will 7 inch lift and 2-3 inch bodylift on a 2wd clear 35's?
THE 7" INCH FABTECH KIT WILL CLEAR 35" WITH A LITTLE BIT OF CUTTING. No need for the body lift wouldnt recomend it. if your going to do a body lift then just go with a bigger suspension lift. In the long run its looks better and you wont have to worry about wearing out the damn rubber spacers. yeah camburg **** i got my cost for that kit and damn!! I want it soo damn bad!!! There are other places that will do pretty much the same thing as camburg at a pretty damn good price. well i hope this helps you out. if you need a kit pm me and ill give you a price for it.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ridered4life
well if want a lift where ur going to have to replace the damn ball joints ever 3000 miles get a fabtech lift. but honestly, if u want a good lift for the trails, go with the CST lift. its right around $1400 and its an AMAZING lift for the money. its ***** on RCD, Rancho, Fabtech and all thoes other cheap azz lifts. plus, if u pay the extra $400 you can get a set of dana 4:56 gears installed and that will compensate for the 35's and ur truck will accelerate and cruise on the freeway like it did when it was stock
How will the 7" Fabtech do that? You need to lay down the crackpipe. The CST kit you are reccomending uses a spindle and a longer coil spring, this is like the 6" Fabtech which I believe you are talking about, puts a ton of stress on the upper balljoint which causes it to wear out due to a bad operating angle. The Fabtech 7" is a fulldrop kit and maintains the factory specifications. Please do some research before chiming in

Quick Reply: best lift for silverado