TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

best long travel kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KleenHall
after all these answers no one caught the bolt on part???????
none of the mentiond kits are bolt on, they require cutting and fab work
once you go LT you cant go back to stock

camburg is one of the best companies around, why do you guys talk crap?
they have a race tested silvy kit, none of the other kits have been raced on

camburg is the best kit hands down for silvys, just look at the hardware compared to any other kit

the only argument BMS has is that their kit is 100% chromo
and camburgs kit is mild

its not just about material but the design

mazzula's kit is over priced 4500 -6000 depending on exact hardware
camburg is 3800 with tube upper arm
BMS is 3650
install is always extra
well every LT kit for silv you have to build an engine cage. but the rest is bolt on. Correct. you can prob get your front end built for 8500 for everything you need fenders, bumps, bypass ext
Old 10-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Buy a prerunner ( ranger, t100, tacoma, etc....) and use your CC to tow it....
Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 PM

What are some long travel options for the rear? without having to cut up the bed cause I have a quad I usually put back there
Old 02-16-2011, 03:47 AM
Launching!

deavers!!!!
you need to be creative about the shock setup if you want to haul a quad, first thought would be to go cantilever under the bed, you need to strengthen the chassis and keep flex to a minimum or you will break the frame, either in the S bend at the rearof the cab or just in front of the cab
Old 03-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Deavers for the rear. Go to Race-Dezert.com. You will find all the answers there.

BMS just did a long travel 4wd NNBS standard cab silverado. They put long travel deavers in the rear with a canteliever shock system. No bed cage required.

For those who talk crap on Camburg, you obviously dont know anything about suspension and have never ran their stuff, or you are biased towards another company.

BMS, Camburg, Dixon Bros, Mazzulla, Brethel... They all do good work. Its a matter of how much you are willing to spend.
To be brutally honest, anything with the word "kit" is not the best out there. Custom fab is the way to go for the best, but then you get into unlimited capabilities and need lots of funds.

Personally I live 3 blocks from Camburg, so knowing they are right around the corner is some peace of mind. Im eventually gonna run their upper arm and coilover with a deaver mini pack and shackles in the rear. Im looking to do a mid travel 4wd with 35s if possible.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigboyblue
Deavers for the rear. Go to Race-Dezert.com. You will find all the answers there.

BMS just did a long travel 4wd NNBS standard cab silverado. They put long travel deavers in the rear with a canteliever shock system. No bed cage required.

For those who talk crap on Camburg, you obviously dont know anything about suspension and have never ran their stuff, or you are biased towards another company.

BMS, Camburg, Dixon Bros, Mazzulla, Brethel... They all do good work. Its a matter of how much you are willing to spend.
To be brutally honest, anything with the word "kit" is not the best out there. Custom fab is the way to go for the best, but then you get into unlimited capabilities and need lots of funds.

Personally I live 3 blocks from Camburg, so knowing they are right around the corner is some peace of mind. Im eventually gonna run their upper arm and coilover with a deaver mini pack and shackles in the rear. Im looking to do a mid travel 4wd with 35s if possible.

I agree, they all provide good equipment or else they wouldn't be in business. I have the BMS UCA's w/ custom steering that I fabbed up for my 08' GMC 2500HD and my neighbor has a 2wd w/ Camburg front LT suspension and custom rear we're both impressed with the work they've done. These LT kits have one thing in common - built to move/function, not just put the truck in the air.

I have noticed that the majority of people slamming one manufacturer over another for LT kits drive a mall crawler that sees 98% highway use...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Launching!

So dixon bros are the only guys out there offering a long travel kit for 4wd??
Old 04-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blklime02
So dixon bros are the only guys out there offering a long travel kit for 4wd??
for the 99-07 classic, options are Dixon Bros and JD Fabrication.

for the 07-11 model, only option is BMS.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Teching In

I have the deavers in the rear of mine, and want the jd fab front. love the deavers!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Launching!

http://www.bajakits.com/long-travel-...chase-kit.html

What bout these guys....I came across their site off googling for some kits...

Quick Reply: best long travel kit