TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Best stupid stuck stories

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:03 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best stupid stuck stories

Let's hear your best stuck stories that involve you or someone you know being stupid. I'll start it off....

My friend Jon got his Jeep stuck (pics in the stuck pics thread). We designated another friend "mud bitch" and made him hook up the tow strap, told him to wrap it around the front axle. Well...apparently the tie rod felt like the front axle to him. Then, to make matters worse, the girl with the truck that was pulling him out backed up to the point where the tow strap was laying on the ground, then got a running start. Needless to say, the tie rod snapped in half. We ended up having to rent a u-haul trailer and I towed the Jeep back to Phoenix from Flagstaff. Two retards = broken truck. I couldn't believe that either one of them was that dumb.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to Alto Texas for new-years with a bunch of friends to ride 4wheelers and go mudding in the trucks. Well I was out playing in a mud pit having fun then I decide to get out of it and go back up to the camp ground well one of my buddies was sitting on his 4wheeler on the high ground that went in between the four mud pits. Well I had been playing in the shallowest one since my truck is bone stock as far as offroad mods go and so I hit the high ground which consisted of wet clay. So I get up the clay and was going to exit the mud pit with the shallow one my right and the deepest one on my left my buddy I guess was jsut in lala-land cause he saw me coming but didnt move so I had no choice but to stop or run him over. Well I hit the brakes and immediately started sliding and the rear end of my truck started to slide off into the depp mud pit so I floor it but I get absolutely no traction on the clay so the rear of my truck slides off in to the deep mud pit and the rear of my truck is buried all the way to the back of the cab the mud went up to the tailgate handle. Luckily the hill was decently step so it saved my truck from getting mud inside before it stopped sinking. Needless to say I stole all my friends beer for the night in payment for his stupidity. My buddy with a 3500 4x4 dually cummins dodge(yeah I know I got pulled out by a dodge) pulled me out after a little trouble.

This pic is kind of off topic but its my buddy's dodge that pulled me out and the two trucks from BnC offroad in pasadena texas that were going to Texas Heatwave in Austin. The Hummer is on 49s and the sub is on 44s I believe with a custom airbag suspension.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought i was taking the right trail down to a camp sight....

Seemed a litttle small because it was a 4wheeler trailer most 60% downcline...

hit bottom which is usually a lake but was just REALLy soft ground due to the lack of rain... Sunk to the block..
Old 07-25-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my pic when my truck is at its 'lowest.

its the road around a field. we were going around it, about 3/5 the way i saw a small trail, friend went ahead i took my truck down the trail, 50 feet down it was railroad tracks so i bakced up...started going down, he was probably 1/8 mi ahead of me now...so i start going and i see his brake lights on...thinking he is just waiting for me to catch up i slow down some...soon as his Reverse lights went on i realized he was stuck so i slammed my wheel to the left but was only doing like 5-6 mph and i sunk right in...i had my truck for 1 month and it was my first time

a few weeks ago my friend who has the f150....which now has a colorado z71 2wd was going down a road by a farm that was just pure mud cuz it just got done downpouring...its probably the width of one paved road...but its mud and he got 4/5 the way through it and just slid right off into the ditch...i had a good laugh. his friends dad picked him up and i went out there with him and his friend brought his 89 blazer 4x4. well i was following the blazer and 100 feet into the road (id say the road is 1/4-1/2 mile long) and his friend just SLIDES into the ditch out of no where...i stop and we try pulling him out but i can't i start sliding to the ditch and the strap slipped off and slammed into my hood...stupid retards cant hook up straps. but than a 97 dodge ram lifted with mud tires stops and goes "Ill pull u out" so i just pull ahead and finish going down the road...at 4mph in 4lo woot lol. we got his colorado out easily, one guy was in reverse, 3 of the farmer boys were on his rear bumper and we pushed from the front and we got him out easy.

thats my stories so far...hope to have A LOT more with vids/pics