TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Do you tow more than 5K? You need a new hitch.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure your right about my vehicle being pre-wried for it, especially since it's a 2500 van. I will dig around and see what I can find. I know the wiring harness are the same for all vehucles, it's just they didn't connect certain things to them depeneding on the options. I remember when traded away my Cat-skin leather seats out of my CCSB and the guy gave me power seats, all I had to do was clip them into the harness which was cool because my turck didn't orignially come with power seats.

I'll dig around in my van and see what I can find.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I was assuming you knew about the gm harness. Ive always gotten them from a dealership. If you look under the cover of that box under the dash it should show which slot to plug into (shouldnt be able to plug it in wrong anyways).

The bad part is if someone has previously butchered the harness under the bumper it can be a pain to sort out (my cc had all blue wires and about 25 butt splices). You can grab a 7 pin rv connector at the parts store and wire it in preety easily. Just make it easy on yourself and get the proper wire colors if you need to extend them.

I have had some that I needed to go to alldata and get wiring diagrams to figure out, but if it hasnt been butchered you can just plug in the appropriate gm pigtails and be good to go.