TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Dual Front Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Front Shocks

How many of you lifted guys out there are running dual front shocks? How do you like it? Did you notice a difference in ride quality going from single shock to dual shocks?

My ride quality has been sucking *** lately and i can't tell if it's the tires or the shocks. I had to crank my t-bars up to fit the 35's and i don't remember if it started happening around the same time. It's either the tires of the shocks, but i seriously doubt it the shocks because they're practically new (~10K on them). I also got an alignment after i put on the 35's and cranked the torsion bars. I got the 35's for a stellar deal used, so i have a strong feeling its the tires. But i wanted to get dual shocks up front anyway and it "might" help with ride quality. I have an RCD lift and if i stick with them for the front shock hoop it actually uses 3 shocks, 2 in the shock hoop and 1 in the stock location.

So how do you guys like the dual front shocks? Anyone running the RCD with 3 shocks?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:11 PM
JB1
TECH Resident

If your t-bars are cranked alot I bet your shocks are just out of travel...meaning you need longer shocks in the stock location.

I had dual shocks on my 2000 Z71 and it rode nice, however dont run the three shocks. The shock in the stock location kind works against the 2 on the hoop.

I had the rancho lift and used the fabtech dual shock kit.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

i know for sure it's the tires. The t-bars still have a lot of room and i'm not even close to maxing out my shocks. I wento to 2 tire shops and 1 suspension place and they all confirmed it's the tires. So i guess the dual shocks aren't going to help as much as i thought.

I was going to get the RCD dual set-up shock hoop, but with the Radix i have the upper crossbar that RCD uses won't fit. So i'll either have to fab up a different cross bar OR go with the cognito kit and purchase the upper a-arms that cognito requires. What sucks is the cognito kit is about 50% for basically the same thing, it's only because of the a-arms and "Cognito" is more expensive.

Ohh.. and I was talking with RCD and you can run either 2 or 3. You can lessen the dampening effect of the upper 2 if running all 3.