TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Guys that drive on stuff other than paved roads club

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by woodwright
do you have a build thread for your tahoe? I would love to swap in a 5 speed.
I'm kind of a loser and bought mine already swapped and I don't believe the previous owner did a really detailed build thread. However @2002_Z28_Six_Speed did a good thread on his 2004 Denali that he swapped and it is in my garage right now with the tranny halfway out because my buddy scooped that one up when he sold it. My Silverado also has an NV4500 but it came factory with a manual trans nv3500. So if you have any questions I can answer most of them or give you pictures if you need them. The entire swap can be done with the right combo of OEM parts.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
I'm kind of a loser and bought mine already swapped and I don't believe the previous owner did a really detailed build thread. However @2002_Z28_Six_Speed did a good thread on his 2004 Denali that he swapped and it is in my garage right now with the tranny halfway out because my buddy scooped that one up when he sold it. My Silverado also has an NV4500 but it came factory with a manual trans nv3500. So if you have any questions I can answer most of them or give you pictures if you need them. The entire swap can be done with the right combo of OEM parts.
Do you have any interior pics? His shifter placement is unusual.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by woodwright
Do you have any interior pics? His shifter placement is unusual.
Both my Tahoe and buddies Denali have the shifter in the same location which is roughly exactly the same spot where the shifter is on the regular cab 5speed trucks. Mines just the work-truck interior and the Denali has the full console. The Denali console is cool but its a PITA to pull the shifter if you need to.

There are more pictures of the denali here https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-556532/page9/
and my tahoe here https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-555816/page2/
Old 10-19-2020, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Couple weeks ago picked up a wrecked 2019 2 seat RZR turbo. Replaced the cage, all the arms up front, cv shaft, bearing, knuckle, one radius rod out back, and serviced it. Too her out for its maiden voyage yesterday. Intent was to cruise and get a couple hours in. 130 miles and 3.5 hours later she is a runner. Next up will be some wheels and tires, suspension seats, pci radio and fresh air system, followed closely by full exhaust (with a cutout), new charge tubes and bov, and a tune.

Only took one pic. And it was of the place a buddy and his lady went off the side of the mountain 2 years ago.

The following users liked this post:
dantheman1540 (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tjmath
Couple weeks ago picked up a wrecked 2019 2 seat RZR turbo. Replaced the cage, all the arms up front, cv shaft, bearing, knuckle, one radius rod out back, and serviced it. Too her out for its maiden voyage yesterday. Intent was to cruise and get a couple hours in. 130 miles and 3.5 hours later she is a runner. Next up will be some wheels and tires, suspension seats, pci radio and fresh air system, followed closely by full exhaust (with a cutout), new charge tubes and bov, and a tune.

Only took one pic. And it was of the place a buddy and his lady went off the side of the mountain 2 years ago.

Curious what did you pay for the wrecked razor? Looks like a blast! It's a dream of mine to go out west and explore.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Curious what did you pay for the wrecked razor? Looks like a blast! It's a dream of mine to go out west and explore.
Got it from an auction. Paid 12k for it. Considering you cant even buy a bone stock used 19 for less than 20k and they usually have a ton of hours and a ton of miles on them. This one had 20 hours with 200 miles on it.

This is the perfect time of the year to come out and explore. Nice in the morning, 68-70ish, and warms up in the afternoon, usually around 90(way better than the 105+ its been).
Old 10-19-2020, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Got it from an auction. Paid 12k for it. Considering you cant even buy a bone stock used 19 for less than 20k and they usually have a ton of hours and a ton of miles on them. This one had 20 hours with 200 miles on it.

This is the perfect time of the year to come out and explore. Nice in the morning, 68-70ish, and warms up in the afternoon, usually around 90(way better than the 105+ its been).
Yeah that's a steal, I'm scared to buy a used one down here because everyone buries them in the mud. One day ill fly out there and rent some to thrash for the day, just looks awesome.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah that's a steal, I'm scared to buy a used one down here because everyone buries them in the mud. One day ill fly out there and rent some to thrash for the day, just looks awesome.
Yeah I really don't know how I feel about the sinking them in mud thing... I just don't get it lol. Going fast and being nimble is so much more fun.

I have a buddy that lives in OK and he takes his mudding all the time, he has it completely stripped down right now putting all new plastics on it and the frame and interior just looks like asssssss. LOL

When you come out let me know and I'll buy you a beer or 5 and hook you up with a rig to ride.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I really don't know how I feel about the sinking them in mud thing... I just don't get it lol. Going fast and being nimble is so much more fun.

I have a buddy that lives in OK and he takes his mudding all the time, he has it completely stripped down right now putting all new plastics on it and the frame and interior just looks like asssssss. LOL

When you come out let me know and I'll buy you a beer or 5 and hook you up with a rig to ride.
I agree the mud thing isn't my cup of tea. Ill splash the edges of a hole with a 4 wheeler but full submersion of anything worth more than $500 is silly.
Don't die anytime soon, one of these decades ill pack my wagon and head west
Old 10-19-2020, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

I agree the mud thing isn't my cup of tea. Ill splash the edges of a hole with a 4 wheeler but full submersion of anything worth more than $500 is silly.
Don't die anytime soon, one of these decades ill pack my wagon and head west

Been here my whole life and can't go anywhere for the next 12 years until my youngest turns 18. Even then I probably wouldn't go anywhere but Texas.
The following users liked this post:
dantheman1540 (10-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Guys that drive on stuff other than paved roads club