TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

How much lift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PMCSPIDER
Its a freakin inch, you will need a 6" suspension lift. If he's got a 2WD first he has no business trying to run those tires, and secondly he's gonna need 7.5" of lift. Fabtech's the way to go.
do not listening to ANYTHING he says, he just proved his intelligence right there. no the 1" of tire probably wont make that much of a difference, but there is a little thing called WIDTH that DOES make a difference, a tire that is 14" wide is going to rub if you dont have enough lift.

you WILL need 6" suspension and 3" body
Old 12-18-2006, 08:35 PM

I thought I put the truck in the first post.. oops. Its a 04 GMC ECSB Z71. I was looking at the Superlift because its the only kit that gives you the full 6" of lift (as per the recent 4 wheel mag).
Old 12-18-2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by PMCSPIDER
Its a freakin inch, you will need a 6" suspension lift. If he's got a 2WD first he has no business trying to run those tires, and secondly he's gonna need 7.5" of lift. Fabtech's the way to go.
An inch will make you or break you.... just ask your GF

seriously though, 1" is a big measurement ona lot of things. ****, Im used to measuring things down the 1/8 of an inch.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Import Moderator

as i said dont listen to him.. hopefully the mods will notice he is posting false info.

ive only heard good stuff about superlift so thats probably your best bet
now anybody who has a skyjacker dont take offense to this, i also had one on my old wrangler and i was completely satisfied but supposedly they are supposed to have problems with the nbs chevys.... thats info that i heard from my friend dont quote me one that, just figured id let ya know though, maybe someone else will know more bout them
Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 6" skyjacker lift. They are very easy to install. No cutting of any kind. A true bolt on kit. They ride very good like stock just 6" higher. Im very pleased with this kit. I had a procomp on the truck before this and it rode like **** and there was alot of cutting and i didnt like that at all. I will be selling a my skyjacker lift soon with full lift rear leaf springs if anyone is interested. I have a few guys asking about it now. I also have bushwacker pocket style fender flares that is want to sell too.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by gao8302
I have a 6" skyjacker lift. They are very easy to install. No cutting of any kind. A true bolt on kit. They ride very good like stock just 6" higher. Im very pleased with this kit. I had a procomp on the truck before this and it rode like **** and there was alot of cutting and i didnt like that at all. I will be selling a my skyjacker lift soon with full lift rear leaf springs if anyone is interested. I have a few guys asking about it now. I also have bushwacker pocket style fender flares that is want to sell too.
yes that is one huge benefit to skyjackers though NO CUTTING

i cant exactly remember what he said it was that he had a problem with but it was something with the steering that they actually had to send him a new part or something??
Old 12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt have any problems. Maybe just a bad part?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

I have a 2000 ext cab Z-71 with a 3 in body lift and have ran a set of 35x12.50 17 Pro Comp X terrains for almost 4 years with no issues. 6in suspension lift to fit 35s....what a joke

Here is a picture of my truck after doing some work on the farm and getting it muddy.... you can see 35s don't look too big at all. I just ordered a new set today, these have over 43k on them.
Attached Thumbnails How much lift?-truck.jpg  
Old 12-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Import Moderator

you mean a 3" body wit a 6" suspension? yes a 6" will def fit 35s, but 36x14s is a big *** tire, you would def need 6"suspension wit 3" body to have ANY flex at all and not have to trim
Old 12-19-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by beastmode
but there is a little thing called WIDTH that DOES make a difference, a tire that is 14" wide is going to rub if you dont have enough lift.

you WILL need 6" suspension and 3" body
NO. You need to remember V8 4WD trucks have thicker torsion bars to handle the added weight of the motor.

CountryBoy, Your six inch lift WILL clear 36" tires( if V8 4x4 only) however, you will probably need some offset wheels that will make the tires stick out more(Wheels will look like a chili bowl)

Also I would crank the torsion bars in the front a good amount(will make ride stiff and cause more wear to balljoints---worth it IMO)

If you can find some 2500 or 3500 torsion bars outta the junkyard Id throw those on for the added lift that the spring rates give from the thicker bars.

And a plasma cutter/die grinder will also come in handy for trimming the bumper and Misc. undercarriage parts to prevent scrapping.

You can always trim the frame and weld it back. I wouldnt attempt this yourself though.

And yes Fabtech is the MOST user friendly lift, and is well built.

Last edited by Shinerbock07; 12-19-2006 at 03:37 AM.

Quick Reply: How much lift?