TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

How much lift?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAL sound like short for ADD-A-Leaf I think. Oh P.O.R.N are you running such a high gear because of you cam and stall? I'm planning on running 4.56 with that same size tire and just adding a 125 wet shot of nos and spraying when I need to which will be everytime a diesel truck pulls up next to me.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ramair383ci
AAL sound like short for ADD-A-Leaf I think. Oh P.O.R.N are you running such a high gear because of you cam and stall? I'm planning on running 4.56 with that same size tire and just adding a 125 wet shot of nos and spraying when I need to which will be everytime a diesel truck pulls up next to me.
Yes aal is add a leaf. The gear was picked like this:
1) Did the convertion chart 4.10 and 265/75/16 to a 36x15.5x18
2) Came out to allmost a 4.88
3) Iv been told to go one step bigger then the convertion works out to b/c of the increased rolling mass and wind resistance.
I would go with a 4.88 if I were you. I love the 5.13's but I do not drive my truck daily. With my setup I run 2600rpm on the eway at 80.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Sweet thanks man the makes me feel a little better, my truck is my daily driver and I would like to be at 2000rpm @80 mph to save on gas. Which leads me to believe that if I do go with 4.56 I'll be right where I want to be. Thanks for all your help I love your truck and I can't wait till mine looks somewhat like yours have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

good luck on ur truck dude
Old 12-23-2006, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by beastmode
im not sayin you didnt but im suprised they tucked that, thats a big *** tire for only a body lift. did you trim the fender wells?
Originally Posted by FryZ71
He's probably on stock wheels, with the airdam trimmed and the fender liner zip tied back. Running the stock wheels helps a ton, keeps the tires in the wells. There's quite a few guys on GMFS that run 35s with a 3" BL and keys/crank. I saw a guy on FSC with 35s on stock wheels w/ just keys...talk about stuffed.
The wheels are not stock, but they are not 10inchers either. They are 17x8s, and they do protude out of the fenderwells enough to give it an aggressive look, but not look like **** like some trucks.

To fit them it was simple. I trimmed the air damn slightly at an angle, then I unclipped the inner plastic fender and tucked it behind the metal fender lip. I trimmed the plastic inner fender in front of the tire slightly. All of this still looks stock to the untrained eye. I don't have diff torsion keys, but I did crank the bolts up to bring the truck to a better stance, but the rear still sits about 3/4 of an inch or so higher than the front. Trucks that sit higher in the front vs the rear looked ragged out and like total *** IMHO. I see peoples like that all the time and it makes me wanna
Old 12-23-2006, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

I do agree that trucks that are lifted higher in the front look bad, but on a chevy or gmc when you want an even look and measure it with a tape even when all four fenders give you the same measurement the truck looks like the front is higher. Even though it is even I believe its an illusion because of the shape of the front fender. I have this problem with my truck especially since I hook up a trailer to it every now and then so I'm just going to put air bags in the rear. I did find out though that when the truck was at a rake (1" higher in the back then the front) the truck rode like sh**. It rode really bouncey in the back so I decided to even the truck out, man it was like night and day the truck rode so much nicer with the weight transfered to the back. Oh I forgot to mention for does that have not read the previous post I have an add-a-leaf there for the stiffer and bouncey ride.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by ramair383ci
I do agree that trucks that are lifted higher in the front look bad, but on a chevy or gmc when you want an even look and measure it with a tape even when all four fenders give you the same measurement the truck looks like the front is higher. Even though it is even I believe its an illusion because of the shape of the front fender. I have this problem with my truck especially since I hook up a trailer to it every now and then so I'm just going to put air bags in the rear. I did find out though that when the truck was at a rake (1" higher in the back then the front) the truck rode like sh**. It rode really bouncey in the back so I decided to even the truck out, man it was like night and day the truck rode so much nicer with the weight transfered to the back. Oh I forgot to mention for does that have not read the previous post I have an add-a-leaf there for the stiffer and bouncey ride.
like you said i think its an illusion, i think its cause our fenders and front clip are so short height wise as opposed to the gate adn bed being taller
Old 12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

I'v gone so far as to drive around town looking for the perfect level parking lot with my tape and ratched in hand. I measure crank up the torssion bar keys drive back and forth in a straight line to let the suspension track to the adjustment and measure again. I measure the fender to the ground and the fender to the edge of the rim all the way around until it gives me the same measurement. When its all said and done the truck still looks higher in the front I hate that but thats the price you have to pay if your a GM lover. Not to mention I hate the fact the ford, dodge, nissan come higher from the factory then GM.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Import Moderator

well the new chevys are gonna be pretty high, ive already seen some on the road and was lookin at 5 diff ones yesterday. lotta ppl didnt like em when they first saw the pics and said theyd probably be jumpin over to one of the other makers, i dont see that happenin when these guys see the new ones.

with regard to the height fords and dodges do come higher, BUT they also have taller panels, if you layed a chevy bed and a ford bed side by side i think youd find the ford bed is about 6" taller than the chevy, same with a dodge and nissan. thats why the fronts of these things look so damn big, cause they are compared to our trucks. then wit ford being able to tuck 35s wit a body lift, if you look at there fenders they are completely circular which i think looks terrible, if you look at ours youll see there rounded at the top and slope down almost in a straight line.

in the long run a 6" lifted chevy looks like a 6" lifted for with 1" less rubber i think.... plus gms are better
Old 12-24-2006, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

I'v seen the new trucks and I did notice that they are taller but I also noticed that they are priced pretty darn high. I guess you have to take in mind that they are giving a 100k mile warranty so they have to make their money somehow. I'll just stick to my truck put everything I want to get the look I want and finish paying it off in one more year.

Quick Reply: How much lift?