TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Lookin for a good 33x12.5 R20 mud tire

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reason I will be running 20s is because I already have them, they were cheap and the truck will be taken offroad but Im not looking to win any mud bog competitions either. Mainly need the extra ground clearance for the deer lease and going over ****. I found a good deal on a lift kit and Im thinking hard about jumping on it so I will be looking at some 35" tall tires.

9GMC9 you constantly post stupid **** about how lifted trucks are so macho and blah blah blah who gives a **** if Im going to run 20s, Im willing to bet 99.99999% of your trucks life is on the road with the occasional couple miles in the mud so why build it specifically for that when most of the time it will be on concrete?

On the terra grapplers I went out with a friend of mine yesterday since it has been raining for the past few days and he has them and they work pretty well. I was impressed how they clean themselves pretty well with a little wheel speed. Im going to try the mud grapplers first if I dont like them for whatever reason Ill go to the terras.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
9GMC9 you constantly post stupid **** about how lifted trucks are so macho and blah blah blah who gives a **** if Im going to run 20s, Im willing to bet 99.99999% of your trucks life is on the road with the occasional couple miles in the mud so why build it specifically for that when most of the time it will be on concrete?
i agree 100%
Old 03-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
i agree, IMO i wouldnt put a 20" wit a mudder cause i wouldnt wheel wit 20s, i wouldnt get anything bigger than a 17"... but it aint my truck and Slow probably already has the wheels he wants on the truck and knows what he wants and its his ****** truck... so instead of bitchin at him why dont you contribute some useful input or take that **** of to FSC or GMFullsize

what about a Pro Comp Xtreme All-Terrain, i think they make them in a 20"
I agree, 110% all the way, 17's and under.

But on the OT, its not my money, and its not my truck. So make it "pretty"!.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

So not even a consideration for the trxus M/T's huh.... Ya I know there swampers, but those are desinged for daily on road use so they are not as soft of rubber as the regular swampers and should have a decent tread life for a mud tire anyway.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by truckmann
So not even a consideration for the trxus M/T's huh.... Ya I know there swampers, but those are desinged for daily on road use so they are not as soft of rubber as the regular swampers and should have a decent tread life for a mud tire anyway.
I really like how quiet the terras are, so I may end up with those I just like how aggressive the mud grapplers are and alot of people have had good things to say about them. I've also read they are much easier to keep in balance then the interco tires. I also like the toyo m/ts but discount doesnt get good deals on them and I want road hazard warranty on my tires since they are going to be so expensive no matter what way I go.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Import Moderator

Procomp Xtreme All-Terrains???

they make 20s in those i think
Old 03-18-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...andar+M%2FT%2B

How come no one talks about this tire? Do they suck?
Old 03-18-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Probably because 17's is the largest that is listed and he wants 20's.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, i realized that after I put up the link. I was more asking the question, in general. I have just never read anything about them on the forum, and this looked like a good thread to hijack.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:55 AM

For those familiar with my little problem with the centerlines I bought they got picked up yesterday so when they get back to centerline Im going to cancel my order since they gave me the option. Im going to buy these instead in 18x9.5 or 20x10 since the tires Im going get come in the sizes I need for those wheels
http://www.americanracing.com/wheels...sh&section=ORT
the teflon coated ones
Eventually my truck will be on 37s and I think 37s with 20s would look perfect, for now with 33s or 35s with 20s it may look a bit goofy but later on I think it will be the best look. Im still trying to decide on which lift to go with right now or just wait a while and just throw some keys in it.

Bottom line I cant put the centerlines on beacause on their website it says 33s or smaller so I might as well just get some different wheels.

Quick Reply: Lookin for a good 33x12.5 R20 mud tire