TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

suspension lift opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wat the hell 01-Z71 no pics lol jk, didnt you just do your lift?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

I am sure that the Procomp is out of the question now. One day its coming. I can't wait to get this work done and post some real pics of this thing.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Import Moderator

just curious how much wheeling are you planning on doing? some guys lift there trucks and wheel em a lil but other guys lift em and drive em into the ground, if you just doing street driving i dont think it really does matter which lift you go with none of em are just gonna break driving on the highway and through the woods every once and awhile but if you plannin on doing rock climbing and beatin it up every weekend id say go with CST, they did a thing on like the top lifts for a chevy and i think CST was #1
Old 11-09-2006, 06:46 AM
Staging Lane

The way I work, I will be happy to get it offroad once a month. I have another ride, for work. Plus right now I don't even know anyone to go offroading with or know where to go close to home. I was looking at the Rough Country 6" EX lift. Looks like it may change the axle shaft angle, but if I won't be offroading all the time, maybe it will last. And I can install it myself. (I don't have access to a welder or torch.)
Old 11-09-2006, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

I still havnt figured out how to post pics, can any one help with that?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Import Moderator

not sure if we have an uploader on here or not but this is the one i always use

http://pittspeed.com/uploader/

click the browse and pick your pictures you wanna upload, then hit upload, then when the next screen comes up just hit the copy button and it will highlight all the pictures you picked then paste em in
Old 11-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Import Moderator

i have to warn ya though, when you upload a picture it will save it as that name, so if you ever wanna like upload the pic again instead of going and looking for the picture on one of the forums you can just change the name of it then try to upload it... dont try to upload pictures named like picture1 or something cause chances are somebody already uploaded a picture named that adn it wont let you, in which case just change the name of hte picture example: i always name mine like mygmcpic01 or something queer like that lol. its really not hard just pm me if you need help resizing the pics or anything
Old 11-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Import Moderator

didnt mean to jack your thread sorry... like you said if your going wheeling once a monthy, chances are your not in some kinda competition or beating the hell outta your truck, the guys who get the CSTs and stuff are getting them for quality. if your on pavement most of hte time you dont have to worry about it... ps ive heard rough country is called ROUGH country for a reason
Old 11-09-2006, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Ill pic when I clean her up tomorrow! Yeah and Rough Country is Extremely ROUGH. A buddy did hit 00 with them and sold the lift and then paid for a fab tech!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the input. Looks like the lift is out ot the question now, anyway. POS burnt the clutch up in one little hole. Think I will be looking for another 4x4 this week. Maybe one that will hold up to a little mud hole.

Quick Reply: suspension lift opinions