TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Tire Questions, Please Read.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i fully agree........i love my nittos wet roads ..dry roads ...light mud ...sand ...you name it even a foot of snow in 2wd couldnt stop them spend the money and get the nittos
Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha sounds like these are the tires sent down from heaven above lol
Old 04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 11secondhorse
haha sounds like these are the tires sent down from heaven above lol
Honestly, besides Michelin LT2's, these are the nicest All-Terrain tires I've ever mounted up. The BFGoodrich All-Terrains worked out very nicely, but they were stiff, bumpy, never balanced right and they are Godawfull heavy for their size. With the Nitto's you'll never have to worry about a wobble in the tire that is commonly associated with the BFG's.

There are positives and negatives to EVERYTHING in life...so if I had to say 1 bad thing about the Nitto's it would be that they're not holding up very long on my rock crawling truck...go figure. The sharp rocks are tearing through the soft tread and I will be replacing the rear tires soon (325/70R17's). I wont have to worry any longer though because I just picked up a set of BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2's in the 35x12.50R17 size so now I'll be able to keep the Nitto's for everything except off-road. On the trails I'll bolt up the BFG's. But what do you expect? Beat the crap out of soft tires and expect damage done. Thank God for Discount Tire's warranty.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha true. you cant get me any kind of discount coupon or anything can you?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

haha true. you cant get me any kind of discount coupon or anything can you?
Lol my ***.

Unless you're related by blood within my household my discount doesn't apply. I myself get tires and wheels at store cost, and if a total bill for example comes up to $988.00 I just normally round up to $1000 to make checkbooking easier. Either way I'm still saving money because 988.00 to me would end up as $1300-1400 for you or any other customer off the street. My family under the roof I live gets a 10% discount, which on a system based on an 18-22% markup works nicely. Every single vehicle of mine and my family's has tires I put on.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive been ordering from DTD for years now. just actually just stuck a set of hankook ventus whatever on my girls car like 3 days ago. hey i figured it was worth a shot. seems like there was a place to enter a discount coupon code or some **** on the cart so i didnt know if there was some 10% thing they give out here and there or something like that ya know.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

ive been ordering from DTD for years now. just actually just stuck a set of hankook ventus whatever on my girls car like 3 days ago. hey i figured it was worth a shot. seems like there was a place to enter a discount coupon code or some **** on the cart so i didnt know if there was some 10% thing they give out here and there or something like that ya know.
Oh those types of discounts! Those you find in newspapers, magazines and ads usually as a promotion code "promo-code". I don't know of any at work, we usually don't keep the codes after their used.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

i had everyone tell me that 305s are likely to give rubbing issues thats why i was looking at 285s. would these tires be quiet on the street or do that loud roaring sound?
I forgot about this, but a 305/50 shouldn't give you issues, but it all depends on wheel width/backspacing. I run a 20x8.5 with 5.25" backspacing, the wheels are Weld Racing Renegades. I think my torsion bars are cranked an inch at most, and I have no rubbing whatsoever. I only have about 6k on my setup, but they are still quiet, I do need to rotate them though. Definitely worth the money.

Sorry for all the pictures
Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

That looks really nice.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that does look nice. the 305 looks good. i dont know if i want to chance tho lol. clean *** truck btw.

Quick Reply: Tire Questions, Please Read.