Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Gauge pod / gauge mounting options

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:22 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gauge pod / gauge mounting options

I know there is the one round hole with the "SS" logo in the dash, but what are other options for mounting gauges in these vehicles?

I've got an aeroforce gauge and now I need a boost gauge. Fuel pressure wouldn't be a bad thing to have either. Any options?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm going to get one of those PLX gauges that you can hook up and display multiple inputs for that spot.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 AM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only piller pods are one custom made rite now so thats $$$$$$. ask NORCAL SS and see who made his.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats what I was afraid of. Maybe a single digital gauge solution like the PLX would be the best choice. I don't really want a full 3 gauge pod on the pillar.

I wonder if the overhead console from the full size trucks would fit without being too large. I liked my 2 gauge setup in the overhead pod on my silverado.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:14 PM
traveling mod

Originally Posted by BigTex
I wonder if the overhead console from the full size trucks would fit without being too large. I liked my 2 gauge setup in the overhead pod on my silverado.

that was my first thought but i have a sun roof and it wouldnt work...but without a sunroof i think it be made to fit
Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
I know there is the one round hole with the "SS" logo in the dash, but what are other options for mounting gauges in these vehicles?

I've got an aeroforce gauge and now I need a boost gauge. Fuel pressure wouldn't be a bad thing to have either. Any options?
Why not just connect a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor and a fuel pressure sensor to the analog inputs on the Aeroforce gauge? This is an easy way to read both. There's no need to buy additional gauges.

Todd
Old 02-10-2009, 10:11 AM
traveling mod

Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie
Why not just connect a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor and a fuel pressure sensor to the analog inputs on the Aeroforce gauge? This is an easy way to read both. There's no need to buy additional gauges.

Todd
thats a good idea to

hey welcome aboard todd and keep up the good work
Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
TOTM: November '07

Originally Posted by andrew383
the only piller pods are one custom made rite now so thats $$$$$$. ask NORCAL SS and see who made his.
I may have to get my composites table set back up if there is a demand for these. I could whip out a mold in about a day if I had a spare pillar and a "universal" pod to mold into it. All of my stuff is still packed away from the move...
Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
traveling mod

Originally Posted by explorer5.0
I may have to get my composites table set back up if there is a demand for these. I could whip out a mold in about a day if I had a spare pillar and a "universal" pod to mold into it. All of my stuff is still packed away from the move...
that would be cool,im sure you could sell quite a few.personally i want one that holds the dashhawk and a single gauge.
the biggest problem with the pillar pods is the ss's that have side curtain air bags.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
TOTM: November '07

Originally Posted by andrew383
that would be cool,im sure you could sell quite a few.personally i want one that holds the dashhawk and a single gauge.
the biggest problem with the pillar pods is the ss's that have side curtain air bags.
Here is a pod I make for Explorers....

Quick Reply: Gauge pod / gauge mounting options