Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

How much are you guys paying for TBSS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much are you guys paying for TBSS?

I am looking to pick one up and have a couple of questions. They are offering me $300 over invoice. Invoice on the 3SSawd I'm looking at is supposedly $37,300. MSRP is $38,900. Does this sound about right. Have you recent purchasers been getting good deals? They are trying to kill me on the trade, so I might have to go elsewhere anyways. I just wanted to see what deals you all were getting on the 07's? The dealer also said 0% for 60 months. The website says 0% for 36.

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find invoice by configuring the vehicle you are looking for at Edmunds.com. They are correct to the penny. You will know if you have configured your vehicle correctly if the MSRP matches correctly...then you will know invoice as well.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Oops, forgot edmunds did that. Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where in IL are you at? I got my fullsize at a dealer in mich that hooked me up really good.. I can send you their way its about 170 miles from chicago but it was well worth the drive
Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Teching In

There is more markup than $1700 in a TBSS from the dealer. Ask the dealer to show you the invoice and work from there. Who do you think pays for the 0% interest on the loan? Banks don't give FREE money away these days. Some the the TBSS profit goes to pay that interest upfront. I had a choice to get 4K rebate or 1k rebate & 3.9% interest. I took the 4K and financed through my own bank. I work at a multi-line dealer and all I can say is mine stickered for 42,900 and I got mine for way less than what they gave you. Another thing to consider is that the TBSS is a "hot demand" vehicle and you may need to pay premium price if you want it! We only had 4 on our lot and they were gone in 30 days and from what I'm told 07 are allocated to the dealers. So call other dealers and see what they offer...

that's my opinion on this subject.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Invoice minus all the rebates is where you should start.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Revolutionary
Where in IL are you at? I got my fullsize at a dealer in mich that hooked me up really good.. I can send you their way its about 170 miles from chicago but it was well worth the drive
I am 20 minutes south of Chicago. I have a friend in Mich. that I could have help me. If the deals right, I can travel! It just depends on my trade. How good was your deal?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

That $1700 mark up is correct according to edmunds online. The invoice he showed me was right on.
What do you mean the dealers pay for the fin. deals? I never knew that. I work for Ford and we don't charge dealers for credit discounts. Why would GMAC charge thier own company for special financing?
Yeah, unfrotunately being a performance freak never seems to pay when buying vehicles. We always want the low volume high dollar SS, WS6, fun models. I see so many of the TBSS's at the dealers that I thought they weren't selling that fast. They have more than one at most of my local dealers.

Originally Posted by PA-21 Skater
There is more markup than $1700 in a TBSS from the dealer. Ask the dealer to show you the invoice and work from there. Who do you think pays for the 0% interest on the loan? Banks don't give FREE money away these days. Some the the TBSS profit goes to pay that interest upfront. I had a choice to get 4K rebate or 1k rebate & 3.9% interest. I took the 4K and financed through my own bank. I work at a multi-line dealer and all I can say is mine stickered for 42,900 and I got mine for way less than what they gave you. Another thing to consider is that the TBSS is a "hot demand" vehicle and you may need to pay premium price if you want it! We only had 4 on our lot and they were gone in 30 days and from what I'm told 07 are allocated to the dealers. So call other dealers and see what they offer...

that's my opinion on this subject.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Just a fyi- guy I work with got a silver TBSS a couple months ago for $27,000 out the door. We were talking yesterday when he told me- he's calling about another one for me (for my wife) today. If he says $27k we'll own one lol
Old 12-14-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Vho stickered 32 and some change and out the door it was 28 something after taxes and so on.. I had to pay the diffrence in IL when I got the Il registration but it wasn't bad.

I will Pm you the info of who you need to talk to you can give em a call I can't promise anything but it's worth a phone call

Quick Reply: How much are you guys paying for TBSS?