Notices
TrailBlazer SS Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Silverado SS wheels on a TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado SS wheels on a TBSS

Im curious if its at all possible to convert to the silverado bolt pattern on my TBSS. im a gig fan of the silvy wheels. Any one know?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With wheel adapters anything is possible
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Well my intent is to try the silverado SS wheels on. Think it would look sweet! prolly gonna sell my TBSS first and buy a different color then have fun
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

If u sell your TBSS, what will ya drive?
I know what ya mean, u meant TBSS wheels. Even w/. adapters, before sellin off your wheels, I'd find out some backspacing specs on both. Otherwise, you could have the Cracker look, unless that's the idea.
Then you'll be stuck w/. SSS wheels that don't fit/ u don't want & you'll have to go get another set of TBSS wheels to replace the sold-off ones.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

well theyre both 17x8 with much similar design then most think. I dont think the back spacing will be a big issue
Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Where's the Beef?

TBSS and Silverado Have different patterns IIRC. Which is what he was referring to in post 2
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Where's the Beef?

Checked. Looks like TBSS = 6x5 SSS = 6x5.5
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

wannabess00, I know they have similar designs, other than SSS is 5 spoke, TBSS is 6 spoke. While back spacing might not be a big issue, I figured u knew they had different bolt patterns. I left that out only for that reason. I know there was a guy who wanted to run TBSS wheels on his Silvy, so I knew eventually a TBSS would wanna run SSS wheels.

I forgot who, but I think he was in contact w/. a wheel manf. & needed 20 sets before they'd do a direct fit TBSS wheel, no adapters needed. Correct bolt pattern & offset. Look around & ya might find it. G/L
Old 03-24-2010, 11:38 AM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by fastnblu
wannabess00, I know they have similar designs, other than SSS is 5 spoke, TBSS is 6 spoke. While back spacing might not be a big issue, I figured u knew they had different bolt patterns. I left that out only for that reason. I know there was a guy who wanted to run TBSS wheels on his Silvy, so I knew eventually a TBSS would wanna run SSS wheels.

I forgot who, but I think he was in contact w/. a wheel manf. & needed 20 sets before they'd do a direct fit TBSS wheel, no adapters needed. Correct bolt pattern & offset. Look around & ya might find it. G/L
Yea im more than aware the bolt patterns different . I recall the guy that built the Colorado SS having to machine the SSS wheels to fit. At the time I thought the Colorados and Trailblazers were the same bolt pattern just as the S10s and Blazers were but as usual GM has to make everything complicated. So now im just curious if such a kit exists to convert to the silverado bolt pattern..I just havent seen much that looks performance enough for the TBSS. Most all of it is thug life lol~
Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

I know you are trying to go the other way with this but, these threads might open up a contact for you to get the proper info.... hope they help.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...quot%3B+wheels

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...quot%3B+wheels

Quick Reply: Silverado SS wheels on a TBSS