THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

$500 ticket for running a red light

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default $500 ticket for running a red light

So my mom (our office controller) calls me and says ooh someone mailed me a nice picture of you. I go pick it up and its a traffic light camera ticket. Im in the company van and you can see my face and license plate clear as day.

$500 for running a red.

the funny thing is the first picture shows me stopped where I should be, behind the crosswalk. Second picture shows me making a RIGHT turn on the red. There are NO signs that say "no turn on red" or ANYTHING to that effect.

I go out of my way to NOT run red lights. this is such bullshit. Im going to show up to court in a suit and present photos of all the signage within 200 ft. of the intersection. Lose a full day of work so I dont have to pay $500 and probably lose my license (have pts for speeding)
Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been fighting bullshit tickets for going on a year now. Small town bullshit, to be exact. Went back to court AGAIN today, just to get bent over. Got caught speeding in excess, got my license taken. Went to court in September, paid everything off, yet no one knew the status of my license, not even the State Patrol office/DDS. I was told I'd get a notice in the mail, no notice. In the meantime, I'm pulled over and cuffed by a cop (a cop whose been blowing up my girl's phone, and ******* the young population to get them out of speeding tickets) for no headlights, when they were on. My *** is drug to the police station, put back on probation for traffic violations, and now I have to sit my *** at home, away from my biology/pre-med classes two hours away, because I can't ******* drive. Paid in over two grand already, not counting the lawyer, the fees for driving classes, and the "super speeder" bullshit that's necessary for redemption of licenses by the State of Georgia. This is just one of the few instances out of around nine or ten that have happened in the last two years. Literally, nine or ten, just like this. I'm safer doing 10 mph over than a young teenage girl is doing the speed limit on her cell phone texting, but she's still got her damn license. Of course. Georgia, on top of everything, has the toughest traffic laws of any state.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Jesus thats rough, I hope you get that sorted out. I would lose my mind for sure.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been proven in GA that traffic cameras don't count since they have to have a officer that sited the ticket show up and testify that you broke the law and they saw you. a picture can't do that. If someone takes a pic of you doing something illegal they can haul you to jail when they see it. they have to witness it. My father fought one and won with this defense.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Hell, I took a picture of a local cop in my rear-view with my cellphone and it saved me nearly $300 on a single ticket. The cop was in a collared shirt (you're not supposed to be able to write a legal citation unless in uniform), and I submitted the phone's picture as evidence. Not sure why I had to pay some, but I felt lucky knowing my luck.

Another time, I got caught doing 116 mph or 117 mph when my truck had the atlas engine and a 125 shot on it. The officer submitted the ticket, but luckily my truck wasn't towed. I went to the Chevrolet dealership, got factory info. saying the truck would only do 98 mph, and the ticket was rendered void. End of ticket.

I've got stories for days, and those are two of only three good ones--and I'm by NO MEANS the guy who says, "It's the police's fault! I didn't do ****!" I take full responsibility, except the further action taken by the local police out of pure stupidity.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate going to GA for that reason. I'm going to Jacksonville in March and will have to deal with the cops on 95.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CC05
Hell, I took a picture of a local cop in my rear-view with my cellphone and it saved me nearly $300 on a single ticket. The cop was in a collared shirt (you're not supposed to be able to write a legal citation unless in uniform), and I submitted the phone's picture as evidence. Not sure why I had to pay some, but I felt lucky knowing my luck.

Another time, I got caught doing 116 mph or 117 mph when my truck had the atlas engine and a 125 shot on it. The officer submitted the ticket, but luckily my truck wasn't towed. I went to the Chevrolet dealership, got factory info. saying the truck would only do 98 mph, and the ticket was rendered void. End of ticket.

I've got stories for days, and those are two of only three good ones--and I'm by NO MEANS the guy who says, "It's the police's fault! I didn't do ****!" I take full responsibility, except the further action taken by the local police out of pure stupidity.
It doesn't sound like you're taking responsibility. You just gave two instances where you snaked your way out of tickets. I'm not saying that's wrong because I'd probably do the same thing, but that's far from "taking responsibility" for them.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Taking responsibility means that I acknowledge that I'm guilty of the "crime", or lack thereof, at hand. I showed up at court, fully aware that I was due a speeding ticket. The fact that the officer didn't have on his uniform is totally irrelevant to responsibility. Courts were designed for fair judgement. If the judge thinks I'm right by the evidence presented, I'm not going to argue and be another tool that pays the fine and walks on. I work my *** off to pay for college and my trucks, so I'm not about to get my **** towed and impounded/my license suspended for a year plus, when I can help it.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If you worked your *** off to pay for college and trucks, wouldn't you be more interested in driving responsibly and taking the hot rodding to the track? What about where you went to the dealership for that slip of paper and lied in court? You're not taking responsibility no matter how you try to convince yourself. Like I said in my previous post, I don't blame you for doing it. Who wants to pay for tickets? But that isn't taking responsibility for it. Like you said, the officer not wearing his uniform ISN'T relevant to you taking responsibility. You used it as a way to get out of the ticket.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

...what's your point--that I'm not taking responsibility? If you want to argue, date a woman. Excuse me for my misuse of the English language, though. I'm VERY irresponsible, with both my funds and my childish excuses. What can I say? I'm just an inconsiderate, irresponsible, bullshit excuse of a redneck, who has been fortunate enough to stay in college in a very demanding program. You'd think I had better things to do than to be your bitch in an internet argument. Anything to make your day, sweetheart.

Quick Reply: $500 ticket for running a red light