THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

158mph at 7360 rpms all motor.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For all the hater. LOL My laptop picked up some nasty viruses over seas and works great when it wants. I usually have to mess with it for a few hours to get it up and running right, then i cant turn it off. Well the guy holding the laptop turned it off when we were done. So now i have to fix it again and get it working. What really sux is my wife also uses it to do recorded statements for an insurance company and i think they may be lost. But dont worry, I'm sure I'll get it fixed and post up the screen shot. Or the whole run if possible, then you can see how quick and easy it hit 145, but from there it was slow going.

For the BS guys do the math. I have 4.10's with 27.6" (295/50R16) tires. Thats like running stock tires with like 4.40's.

As far as not doing it without a power adder, what do you think a head/cam motor is? Its deffinatly not a stock motor. Do the math on that one too, I'm pulling just over 42# of air at WOT all motor. That figures out to over 450hp at the crank if all the equations are right.

As for me being a dumb *** for having a passanger, he wanted to go, i didnt make him. How am i unsafer than the guys here that street race and take friends along to video from the inside of the cab? Or the LS1Tech hosted videos of F-bodys racing bikes down less than clear roads at higher speeds than I've ever gone. Most of the high power guys who do alot of street racing have passangers riding along.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

chevy trucks can handle 150mph.....i've been there my share of times, and it can be done safely with the interstate.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:10 AM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
As for me being a dumb *** for having a passanger, he wanted to go, i didnt make him. How am i unsafer than the guys here that street race and take friends along to video from the inside of the cab? Or the LS1Tech hosted videos of F-bodys racing bikes down less than clear roads at higher speeds than I've ever gone. Most of the high power guys who do alot of street racing have passangers riding along.

Amen brother
Old 07-12-2005, 10:10 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And they are just as crazy..........I have seen way to many of my friends getting killed or hurt from street racing, I too have made the choice to speed and have felt horrible for doing it when I think of all the people I could hurt doing it. I am sorry you too offense to the statment, however I do stand firm on my feelings of take it too the track.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:13 AM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Don't let parish see this lol j/k if all possible keep it at the track.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
14 Second Truck Club

For all the hater. LOL My laptop picked up some nasty viruses over seas and works great when it wants. I usually have to mess with it for a few hours to get it up and running right, then i cant turn it off. Well the guy holding the laptop turned it off when we were done. So now i have to fix it again and get it working. What really sux is my wife also uses it to do recorded statements for an insurance company and i think they may be lost. But dont worry, I'm sure I'll get it fixed and post up the screen shot. Or the whole run if possible, then you can see how quick and easy it hit 145, but from there it was slow going.

For the BS guys do the math. I have 4.10's with 27.6" (295/50R16) tires. Thats like running stock tires with like 4.40's.

As far as not doing it without a power adder, what do you think a head/cam motor is? Its deffinatly not a stock motor. Do the math on that one too, I'm pulling just over 42# of air at WOT all motor. That figures out to over 450hp at the crank if all the equations are right.

I believe in ya bro.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:20 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I thinks thats a bit fast, but I would ride with you given the chance. I just looked at the calcualtor, And the math works out to better than 135mph at 5800 rpm in 3rd. With 32" mud tires, I would have guessed around 110-115, just cause I've been 130 with a car that cut out at 130, and 145 in my F body, and 150 in my Supra a WHILE back.
Post video just to prove the 138 B.S. wrong. If you still have the factory fuel system that is.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:38 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shame on you for speeding

i am not calling complete BS, i am sure you were flying, i had my last truck up to about 135 and it wasn't done yet. that was a stock 6.0 with a whipple. truck wasn't slamed or anything. the numbers dont quite add up though.

the calculator i use is saying to go 158mph with 27.6" tire and 4.10 gears and a locked converter in 3rd gear you would have to spin 7900rpm. at 7360 you would be around 148mph. 148mph is still crazy fast i i dont doubt that number at all.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

parish8 brings up a good point about the converter. If it was locked and had no slip you could translate rpms directly into a speed.

If you're at 100% TPS the converter is not locked though. This EFILive file pretty much confirms that in all transmission modes the converter is not locked in 4th at WOT. I think you can monitor transmission output speed if you wanted to see what the actual rpms at the back of the trans were.
Attached Thumbnails 158mph at 7360 rpms all motor.-converter.jpg  
Old 07-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Tribe Shaman

all i have is a 4.8 with a supercharger, stock 16 tires, and G80 rear end.
now i have tried to find out what my top speed is, never hit it, shut down is set for 142.
at max speed my trans kept shifting from OD to 3rd back to OD then down to 3rd when it hit OD the third time i let off and i never hit my speed limter for shut down.
i do know i was going more then 100, now maybe after the 6.0 and a kit in the trans i can hit shut down maybe.

Quick Reply: 158mph at 7360 rpms all motor.