THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

2012 ford focus or 2012 chevy cruze

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The focus sure looks about a million time better! I like Ford cars just not there trucks. Not a huge fan of most GM cars. Certainly not something as lame as a cruze!

It is your money and you decision I think the Focus it a much better car overall.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:11 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
The focus sure looks about a million time better! I like Ford cars just not there trucks. Not a huge fan of most GM cars. Certainly not something as lame as a cruze!

It is your money and you decision I think the Focus it a much better car overall.
WTF?? Way to be a douche!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a great color Grip. Good looking car.

The wife commutes and had a good commuter car but begged for an SUV for winter...

I miss the MPG of her old car
Old 05-21-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The focus sure looks about a million time better!
No.

I like Ford cars just not there trucks. Not a huge fan of most GM cars.
Ok? Their*

Certainly not something as lame as a cruze!

Sometimes you don't need to hit reply, this would of been one of those times.

Last edited by slammedsilvy; 05-21-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Their I agree with you on the rest though, slammed
Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well we all have opinions but I am suprised atleast looks you don't agree with. I really like the look of all of the new ford cars. Don't have the same feelings about most chevy cars.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Any updates Grippy?? I am looking into taking a job in town which means I will be commuting about 100 miles a day. Been looking at commuter cars and this turbo cruze has really caught my eye.

Still enjoy it? Ever get a tune on it? Did a little google searching and there is a growing aftermarket world for these things now. Seen new DP, mid pipes, intakes, pillar mounts for gauges... all sorts of fun stuff. Sounds like they respond pretty well to tunning also.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Import Moderator

Well we all have opinions but I am suprised atleast looks you don't agree with. I really like the look of all of the new ford cars. Don't have the same feelings about most chevy cars.
I know this is old but...

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your's is idiotic. Your only argument is based on looks and "well I think the new Fords look good"... absolutely brilliant advice for someone car shopping!!

Why not give some real world feedback like the interior space, mpg or something of value?? Have you ever driven a Cruze?

Fact is the Cruze is a great car. I own a 2012 LT turbo that just rolled over 12,000 miles and haven't had one problem with it yet. When I was commuting to the city of Pittsburgh I was seeing as good as 45mpg average (50 mile round trip, 80% highway/20% city). I love the interior on my Cruze, quiet, comfortable, and surprisingly roomy (I'm 6'-0" 230lbs). It's definitely not a racecar by any means but it's got enough torque to get you rolling. For my needs, it's the perfect daily driver... great mpg, room to stretch out, great looking interior, and imo a great looking exterior as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by beastmode
I know this is old but...

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your's is idiotic. Your only argument is based on looks and "well I think the new Fords look good"... absolutely brilliant advice for someone car shopping!!

Why not give some real world feedback like the interior space, mpg or something of value?? Have you ever driven a Cruze?

Fact is the Cruze is a great car. I own a 2012 LT turbo that just rolled over 12,000 miles and haven't had one problem with it yet. When I was commuting to the city of Pittsburgh I was seeing as good as 45mpg average (50 mile round trip, 80% highway/20% city). I love the interior on my Cruze, quiet, comfortable, and surprisingly roomy (I'm 6'-0" 230lbs). It's definitely not a racecar by any means but it's got enough torque to get you rolling. For my needs, it's the perfect daily driver... great mpg, room to stretch out, great looking interior, and imo a great looking exterior as well.
Thanks for the feedback. Once my truck sells I will start the hunt for the commuter car (that hurts to say but at least I have another project truck planned in the future also). The aspect of 40+mpg, turbo and can tune with HP Tuners sounds really nice

I also seen the sonic, which if its the hatch is not to shabby looking either. The RS package is pretty sporty looking.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Thanks for the feedback. Once my truck sells I will start the hunt for the commuter car (that hurts to say but at least I have another project truck planned in the future also). The aspect of 40+mpg, turbo and can tune with HP Tuners sounds really nice

I also seen the sonic, which if its the hatch is not to shabby looking either. The RS package is pretty sporty looking.
Pat and I were at the local track about a month or so ago and there were 2 Sonics there... one running high 13s and one running low 14s!! Now, these cars had a good bit of interior taken out but from my understanding they were bolt on/tune cars... pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

I sprung for the Cruze because at the time I had not even looked at the Sonic interior (not realizing it was very similar to the Cruze). Had I actually sat in the Sonic, took it for a drive I probably would have considered a 5 door version of it over my Cruze... I'm a big hatchback fan which goes back to my ricer CRX days

My only regret with my Cruze is not spending the extra $600 (iirc) and getting the RS package... my wife kept saying do it and I opted not too... regret it. Get at least an LT with the turbo and GET the RS package... it's a good bang for your buck. If I don't get a 2014 silverado when my lease goes back, I'll probably get another Cruze, only this time it will be a LTZ and I'll definitely be doing the tune and some bolt ons. The LTZs look badass with the chrome door pulls and bigger wheels

Quick Reply: 2012 ford focus or 2012 chevy cruze