THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

7 dead, 12 injured in Fort Hood shooting

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DBYRD
shooter was a soldier who recently converted to islam. imagine that.
strangest thing eh? i thought it was a peaceful religion

what a terrible situation.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
HENSE the name FT HOOD.. What do you expect...
food for thought:

Fort Hood officially opened on Sept. 18, 1942, and was named in honor of Gen. John Bell Hood. It has been continuously used for armored training and is charged with maintaining readiness for combat missions.

Last edited by 1slow01Z71; 11-05-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Resident

13 dead now according to the latest report 1 more died in hospital news conference has been pushed back and is still running late.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

they have released the other 2 suspects. only suspect known is the shooter who is now dead. he was an army psychiatrist set to deploy nov. 28th.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I hate my cats

Just wanna put it out there that the shooter probably didn't commit this crime because he had converted to Islam. I've got a cousin who converted to Islam and I wouldn't want anyone to assume she's a potential mass murderer anymore than I'd want that assumption made about my Green Beret uncle, any of my doctor friends, or myself. He did it cause he was an *******. ******** wear many hats and kneel many ways. No race or religion isn't without it's fair share of ********.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
Just wanna put it out there that the shooter probably didn't commit this crime because he had converted to Islam. I've got a cousin who converted to Islam and I wouldn't want anyone to assume she's a potential mass murderer anymore than I'd want that assumption made about my Green Beret uncle, any of my doctor friends, or myself. He did it cause he was an *******. ******** wear many hats and kneel many ways. No race or religion isn't without it's fair share of ********.
Agreed.
This dude was just nutso. News was saying how he had made crazy remarks about the U.S. having no business in the war. Dude was clearly just a nut job that didn't belong anywhere near a weapon.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
I agree that he was nuts, but I have a hard time taking it on good faith that the fact that he recently converted to Islam is just a coincidence. I'll be the first to tell you that not all Islamic people are not crazy, its just the radicals that are the problem. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

from what I'm understanding. It was a psychiatrist that handled stuff like ptsd.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my prayers go out to the family and friends and those injured
Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

RIP.. it's a shame that this would happen here in our own country to our own troops. what was this guy thinking..!!! terrible!!!

Quick Reply: 7 dead, 12 injured in Fort Hood shooting