THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

AC woes... Texas heat and stupidity taking it tolls...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default AC woes... Texas heat and stupidity taking it tolls...

I gotta vent. First off it is hot as hell in texas right now....

Ok now that i have said that... My AC on my truck started leaking after the damn compressor fell off the motor and cracked a line. That was an easy fix, since i have can do all that myself... So i thought all was well...

Then....

Over the last few weeks of 110* weather i noticed the AC unit that cools our Master bedroom was running ALL the damn time and not cooling down like it should. The Main AC unit that cools the rest of the house cools everything down really quick in 110* weather and barely ever runs... The main AC is a 5 ton and master bedroom AC is a 2 ton.. So i called the AC guys to come out...

They had to add 4 pounds of freon to the 2 ton unit and it only holds 6..... He said there is a leak at the A-Coil, but it "might" be covered by the factory warranty, which would be awesome... If not we gotta pay... No biggie, it is just money, but still.... Damn texas heat...

I will say this since they refilled the AC unit is cools like a **** and barely runs as well.... Sooooooooo, they are gonna call me with what they find...

ok venting over....
Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn dude sucks to hear. I wouldnt wish AC troubles on anyone with this extra intense weather we are having.. Bout ready to see fall come around cause im sick of the heat.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Resident Retard

Ya. But if it did die we would just move to one of the other bedrooms and tough it out in there.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I saw the weather reports from TX the other day...damn hot there. Hotter than Arizona

Did you catch the news about Tropical Storm Don just straight up evaporating as it came ashore? **** is nuts...

Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes we were suppose to get some rain out of it up here in Austin but as you can see it didnt make it very far inland
Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man. hope it is covered. Our compacitors **** the bed before it got to 100* back in may. Cost $275 to get 5 min worth of work done.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Resident Retard

Ya. Knowing my luck it wont be covered soooooooo i am betting it will be at least a grand or two. But that is just the joys of owning a house.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

A grand or two? *** that. Hope its covered or start moving stuff to the other rooms like what you said lol. Also if you have bad luck im gonna stay away from you and Alex, dont want that stuff rubbin off on me
Old 08-09-2011, 10:26 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I gotta vent. First off it is hot as hell in texas right now....

Ok now that i have said that... My AC on my truck started leaking after the damn compressor fell off the motor and cracked a line. That was an easy fix, since i have can do all that myself... So i thought all was well...

Then....

Over the last few weeks of 110* weather i noticed the AC unit that cools our Master bedroom was running ALL the damn time and not cooling down like it should. The Main AC unit that cools the rest of the house cools everything down really quick in 110* weather and barely ever runs... The main AC is a 5 ton and master bedroom AC is a 2 ton.. So i called the AC guys to come out...

They had to add 4 pounds of freon to the 2 ton unit and it only holds 6..... He said there is a leak at the A-Coil, but it "might" be covered by the factory warranty, which would be awesome... If not we gotta pay... No biggie, it is just money, but still.... Damn texas heat...

I will say this since they refilled the AC unit is cools like a **** and barely runs as well.... Sooooooooo, they are gonna call me with what they find...

ok venting over....

50 degrees and raining here..... QUITCHERBELLYACHIN!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got a friend who is a tech in Dallas, pm me for his info if you need/want it.

Quick Reply: AC woes... Texas heat and stupidity taking it tolls...