THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Amateur MMA

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll keep training, if nothing else to help the other guys get ready. I make a great cornerman/coach. I just apparently have problems practicing what I preach.

As far as weight limit. I honestly have no idea. I was the smallest heavyweight there. I think honestly, I should have been the only heavyweight, and all of the other guys should have been super-heavyweight. Not like it would have mattered... I still would have taken the fight.

I just really felt off my game, sluggish. I decided to start southpaw, and when it came down to it, it's like my body forgot how to strike effectively from the stance.

Honestly, I'd keep fighting, I just can't deal with the risk involved. When I was 17 I was told I really needed to be sure to not have any more concussions. It doesn't take too much of a shot to really get my bell rung anymore.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where is the video? I want to do extream fighting but don't have the time to commit. I have fought a few times in our local toughman and plan to fight again.

You got in the ring and that is plenty cool! too bad it didn't work out better for you.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Waiting for it to be uploaded.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Video is up. I'm in the far corner.

Had this guy of been reffing my first fight, I would have won it when I dropped the guy.

Looks like it was a legit call to me.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta say you got knocked the **** out. Recovered alright but fight was over. Again sucks big time but you entered a ring few enter!

Do the punches hurt when you are in the ring with the littel gloves? I know they don't hurt with 16 oz. gloves when I fight in the toughman due to adrenalin.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by custm2500
Gotta say you got knocked the **** out. Recovered alright but fight was over. Again sucks big time but you entered a ring few enter!

Do the punches hurt when you are in the ring with the littel gloves? I know they don't hurt with 16 oz. gloves when I fight in the toughman due to adrenalin.
They didn't with him, which is why I was just going to let him wear himself out, but it didn't honestly feel like he had a lot behind his, he just caught me in the right spot to put me out. I just have a glass jaw due to chewing tobacco and multiple head traumas when I was younger. I only had one mark on me after the fight in the middle of the forehead, and it was gone by morning.

If you go to that youtube channel you can see all of the fights of the night. The winner of fight 12 is a guy that I train with, he's an animal. Not someone I'd want to take a shot from. Both fighters in that one had more than 10 fights, so knees to the head were allowed.

The last guy I fought hit me once, and that was more than enough for me. Then again, as I found out last night from a guy that worked with him, he was on the juice and was benching 315 as a set. That one shot gave me enough of a concussion for the doctor to ok a visit to the hospital for me.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come out to Cali, one of my best girlfriends is dating Rampage!
Maybe he can give you a few pointers!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy is fighting on my birthday, any Dallas guys should come out.

Eli Tamez | Cage Authority
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Come out to Cali, one of my best girlfriends is dating Rampage!
Maybe he can give you a few pointers!
From watching the tape it would take more than a few.

From this video I can tell.

1. Quit getting punched in the face.
2. Don't throw all of your weight on your back foot.
3. Quit getting punched in the face.

Also... don't take a fight that's 3 weeks away if you've been out of training for 2 months.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Couple of things:
1) Watch your hand discipline in the video -- you drop your hands every time you throw the straight right -- he clocked you a couple of times with his right and your left was down near your abdomen.
2) Watch your chin in the video. Most of the time it is what I'd consider high (high chin = going to sleep), but when you punch your head goes back and your chin goes even higher. When you are trying to evade close to the final clinche, your chin goes into the stratosphere.

Watch some pro strikers and check out their hand and chin discipline (and I mean a real striker, not a BJJ black belt who likes to brawl )

It was a good call by the ref -- you were out You recover fast as hell.

Quick Reply: Amateur MMA