THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Amateur MMA

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW... Love how humble you are! Impressed with your positive attitude and resiliency!!
Best of luck in the next one if you ever decide to fight again!!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea you didn't necessarily get out matched. He caught you on the temple and that make you sleep for a moment. You self acclaimed glass chin might not have helped but I think anyone would have been in the same boat.

Too bad you can't continue. It takes a lot more for a big guy to enter the ring because bigger guys hit harder. I walk around at 205-215 and when I fight cut to 185. Last year my scale was off and I fought at 205 and it wasn't bad. I don't know if I would fight if I was heavy weight. You get a 265 lb. solid guy across from you and no matter what you weight he is a freight train!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell you got hit with some good stuff, imo you should have tied up harder on a MT clinch, held in, dug. Drag the head down, but hell every bout is diff and really no way to tell exactly how it's gonna fall. But again exp would have helped a ton. Again none the less you did it, and a loss is a step on the rock..
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by custm2500
Yea you didn't necessarily get out matched. He caught you on the temple and that make you sleep for a moment. You self acclaimed glass chin might not have helped but I think anyone would have been in the same boat.

Too bad you can't continue. It takes a lot more for a big guy to enter the ring because bigger guys hit harder. I walk around at 205-215 and when I fight cut to 185. Last year my scale was off and I fought at 205 and it wasn't bad. I don't know if I would fight if I was heavy weight. You get a 265 lb. solid guy across from you and no matter what you weight he is a freight train!
Have you actually fought people that are half classed? We've boxed with 165ers that hit as hard as a 210lbr no problem, can keep up the tempo. Big guys are bad *** when trained correct. I was 6.0 225, benching 385 and had a ton of trouble sparring a legit 190lbr.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have only fought other amateurs. If you take your best 165(walks at 175-180) VS. your best 205(walks at 215-220) 99% of the time the 205 will hit harder. Bigger everything including mass behind the punch. Therefore more knockout power. Just because you are big doesn't mean you are a super puncher, just because you are little doesn't mean you can't hit like hell. But as an amateur and you have no clue who you will be matched with I feel much more comfort in knowing he will only be 185 lbs.

That is what makes the lighter weights so much fun to watch in the UFC is they beat the hell out of each other at a crazy pace and don't often get a knocked out.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Couple of things:
1) Watch your hand discipline in the video -- you drop your hands every time you throw the straight right -- he clocked you a couple of times with his right and your left was down near your abdomen.
2) Watch your chin in the video. Most of the time it is what I'd consider high (high chin = going to sleep), but when you punch your head goes back and your chin goes even higher. When you are trying to evade close to the final clinche, your chin goes into the stratosphere.

Watch some pro strikers and check out their hand and chin discipline (and I mean a real striker, not a BJJ black belt who likes to brawl )

It was a good call by the ref -- you were out You recover fast as hell.
Both of these are completely correct. I didn't tuck the chin behind my shoulders when I threw a punch (or at all for that matter). I also don't think I threw one punch and brought the hand back correctly.

I wasn't in the right frame of mind to even be in there Saturday. I had no focus, I didn't even warm up, I got so caught up in watching my friends fight I didn't even realize that mine was coming up.

I've got some powerful hands, doesn't mean a whole lot if you don't know what to do with them when the time comes.

If you watch that evade that you're talking about, watch my feet, I think my front one comes completely off the ground and I have all of my weight on my back foot, pretty sure I was flat footed too for the whole fight.

Originally Posted by Spoolin
BTW... Love how humble you are! Impressed with your positive attitude and resiliency!!
Best of luck in the next one if you ever decide to fight again!!
Thank you, I don't understand the people that get all upset when they lose unless there was foul play involved. I lost, and it was completely my fault.

I may do it again, just because of how disappointed I am in my performance from this one.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

If i can speak for pt.net and say get ur *** back in there and show what u really have.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Praise The Lowered

Forget even striking against a boxer...its MMA, throw a low leg kick, 1-2 straight to a double, if he hooks your arm or gets a whizzer..switch to a single and turn the corner..from there use your bjj and H/S wrestling to get a head and arm choke,or keylock...or just mount him and pound him out