THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

American Racing Equipment wheels rant (long w/ pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toaders
Has anyone else washed them? Maybe the car wash or did you use a pressure washer or something? If you truly feel like you have done nothing to effect the finish take them to small claims court. If they dont have a local rep they might not show and you will win. Just an idea
I don't use drive through car washes when the "nice" wheels are on any of my vehicles. Only in the winter when they are rolling the stockers and I need a quick wash.

I also don't spray tire shine or anything like that on the tires. I apply it to a rag first and then wipe it on the tire. I'm pretty **** about my wheel/tire care beacuse they are so damn expensive to replace.

FWIW, the stock polished aluminum wheels that came with the car look great after 5 years of abuse. I guess I should have bought the 18" Grand Prix GXP wheels instead.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:46 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the AR wheels that are on my truck used. I personally know the original owner and he never used any harsh cleaner and always took care of them just as you do. He got rid of the truck about a year after he put them on and he put the wheels in storage for a few months until I came along and asked about buying them. The wheels looked exactly like yours do and he swore up and down they were perfect when he stored them. He sold them to me cheap and I lived with it for a good while, but it got worse so I had them sandbalasted and powdercoated.