THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

anniversary ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anniversary ideas

i have really dropped the ball on this one. the 28th of this month is my wife and i 5 year anneversary, and i have nothing planned. we havent done anything for our anniversary since weve been married(busy with life). cant go on vacation or anything like that(no babysitters for that length of time) we can MAYBE swing an overnight stay somewhere nice. budget isnt really of concern, i just need a few ideas pretty quick. lol.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a baby sitter, cook her a nice dinner, set the table with some candles, enjoy.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:45 PM
MASS seller approved

There's a site called 24krose. Com . They take a real rose and dip it in either pure 24 k gold or they dip it in clear coat and then highlight the edges. It really cool and it's about 50$ for a rose that lasts forever . So she will never be without a rose. Then get her a card that's says I just wanted to get a rose that will last forever like my love for u. That's what I did and she brags all the time to her friends and I look like a knight in shining armor and it only cost like 50-75$ depending on which one. The key is the sentimental card that will seal the deal. Hope this helps good luck
Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

I'd say a cabin at the lake or a beach house. Depending on your flavor.

Maybe find something you two like to do (Fish, camp, hike, etc.) and find a city that offers it with a nice place to stay.

Last edited by JFOLM; 04-21-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

mines on may 1st. Dont have much money, going to take her to her favorite restaurant and a movie. We're both so busy I think time alone without interruption is what she wants most.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indigo s10
Get a baby sitter, cook her a nice dinner, set the table with some candles, enjoy.
Originally Posted by Petey62782
There's a site called 24krose. Com . They take a real rose and dip it in either pure 24 k gold or they dip it in clear coat and then highlight the edges. It really cool and it's about 50$ for a rose that lasts forever . So she will never be without a rose. Then get her a card that's says I just wanted to get a rose that will last forever like my love for u. That's what I did and she brags all the time to her friends and I look like a knight in shining armor and it only cost like 50-75$ depending on which one. The key is the sentimental card that will seal the deal. Hope this helps good luck
Originally Posted by JFOLM
I'd say a cabin at the lake or a beach house. Depending on your flavor.
Combine these three.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

i would love to keep it simple, and just cook her dinner with some candle light, but we live with the inlaws right now while we are having a house built. mostly what she wants is just a little relaxation time without our two sons, or her parents... i think im going to look up some b&b places outside houston, and have a nice candlelight dinner, and a nice breakfast
Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Petey62782
thats pretty cool. i will look into that. she usually doesnt like flowers because they dont last, so thats pretty neat
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Buy her a supercharger for your truck. Every time you nail the throttle and smile, you'll be thinking of her. ...or something like that.

Oh, and put your wiener in her. That'll make it real special!

Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know where or how you two met, but take her back through when/where you first met. Keep it simple and look at where you two have come. You can't go wrong with that, a nice, simple meal, and a gift that you put thought into. Giving gifts is all good, but if you can make her feel special and make it memorable at the same time, you've really done something.

Quick Reply: anniversary ideas