THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Any modular home owners??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any modular home owners??

My wife and I are getting more and more into research for our house we are gonna be building now that the debt is slowly decreasing lol.

My parents gave us about an acre or so of land on there 40 acre property (though my father said I can take what I want).

My question is do any of you guys have homes that are modulars and how do you like em, we've looked at one model so far that was about 2200sqft and it was beautiful, the quality of these things looks great!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Man damn nice of youre father. I would think a modular would be just as good as a stick built home they both have inspections to pass and some of the things Ive seen being home improvements most construction workers and on site builders dont care about there customers anyway.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Import Moderator

Thats what I was thinking... I believe all the houses come with atleast a 1-2 yr warranty on ANYTHING in them... my parents neighbors just bought one a year or so ago and her microwave or something just went and they gave her a brand new one like a week later.

We went in hers this weekend though... man was it nice, you wouldnt even believe how well they put these things together Brian.... more than anything I was shocked at what all they came with
Old 01-05-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

i know people that own some and they are really nice, but truely a modular home is not an investment, if you are plannin on staying there for a while, go ahead and get a home built, that there will be an investment....
Old 01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Modular homes have come a long way since their early days.
And they are a good investment and a somewhat cheaper alternative to stick built. They're well built and you can even get some custom features in them, just like stick built.

My previous home was a modular home. I sold it for twice what I paid for it after owning it for six years.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

build what you want the way you want it...you will be happier that way....what ever you do dont go fiberglass insulation...that stuff is so out dated it aint funny....go seal tite foam insulation...it is the best stuff to put in your home hands down!!!! will save you so much money on energy bill that it will pay for itself in a year.i just put it in my house i built at the ranch and there is no draft throu the house at all...none!!! google seal tite foam insulation and see for yourself what ti's all about...
Old 01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My sisters has a modular and it is pretty nice now. It was no fun finishing that bastard though. She chose to just get the structure put up and let her family of electricians/carpenters/etc do the finishing.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
My sisters has a modular and it is pretty nice now. It was no fun finishing that bastard though. She chose to just get the structure put up and let her family of electricians/carpenters/etc do the finishing.
What, did you think you were just going to get to be a post ***** on PT.net all the time?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There was no such thing as wireless air cards back then either.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
nice. The company we are going through actually finishes everything... they even come in and finish the joint where it is split.. carpeting, drywall, roof... all of it. I think we are gonna have about $70k or so into the home itself

Quick Reply: Any modular home owners??