THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

anybody deal with workmans comp

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anybody deal with workmans comp

Well yesterday finally decided to go to the work care place to look at my back after my fall I had, the doctor I talked to says I have a small crack in L5 vertabre, now there is no such thing as light duty at my work so now im at home on pain pills till tuesday next week, anybody deal with workmans comp, cause I live paycheck to paycheck pretty much and have bills to be paid
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they send you home because they cannot accomodate your "light duty" restrictions from the doctor, then you get paid for workers comp.

I was put on 2hr walking restrictions/2hr sitting restriction, so my work had my there for two hours a day, then I was able to leave, so workers comp paid out the rest of my hours.

I dont know if the laws are different state to state, but in Texas you get calculate the last 13 weeks of pay before the accident, and you are paid 70% of that. But the checks take several weeks to start coming unless you beg and bother your adjuster. Same thing with each and every check, theyre never on time unless you always talk to your adjuster to make sure.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

And you have to miss or lose a certain amount of time to get paid. I dont remember the actual timeframe, seems like two weeks.

On the bulletin boards at most works, the information has to be posted with the phone numbers, but google a Kansas Workers Comp Ombudsman, its the agency set up by the goverment to provide information. Call them and ask all the questions you have, thats what they are there for.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will do that my work has something set up with rem risk enterprise management I dont go back to the doctor till next tuesday, but to really top off my day my girlfriend lost her job today now if i dont have any money coming in gonna have some problems
Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about Kansas, but in Missouri, Workmans Comp pays you 80% of your average paycheck over the 6 months I believe, the other thing about it is, and I learned the hard way, when you're not wearing safty equipment (like gloves), and someone drops something on your finger (like a 10"x10"x10' piece of lumber) you get paid half of that 80% (or 40% for those that don't like math).
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well this is the crap deal of all of this I told my boss several times to order a pressure washer to clean up the floc material off the floor never did it for 4 months but the day after I slipped and fell he ordered one, but I did take pics the floor looks wet but its like hair gel on the floor and garden hose and little sprayer just doesnt cut it, Im the one thats getting screwed now, thought about sueing there a** to teach them a leason

Old 04-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Launching!

If its the same stuff we use that floc stuff in our washplant. It's pretty slick stuff. Idk in Kansas but in Indiana it's illegal to sue your current employer..
Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah its floc materail a powder to mix with water but waste water guy overfilled it and it went everywhere overfilled for about half hour been helping him clean for about month now, I dont know in kansas but this place likes to fire people that are hurt on the job, doesnt matter I got a week to find something better hopefully, but I will wait till I get a doc release before I leave them or get canned one or the other
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Launching!

I hate this for ya man.. It sounds like a bad deal all together.. Good luck
Old 04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

the only decent part of this is, all the parts of stock pyled for building ls1 efan harness and workn on tbss intake sure got more time to tider with, im just druged up so im really takn my time

Quick Reply: anybody deal with workmans comp