THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone else really like the 2011 Mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else really like the 2011 Mustang GT?

I'll be in the market for a new muscle/sports car in a few months so I've been comparing the Camaro, Mustang and Challenger. I've driven all three, compared specs and prices, yada yada. What surprised me is how much I like the 2011 Mustang GT. I've never liked Mustangs that much, mostly because of the turd engines they've had for so long but the 2011 is a pretty cool car.

I want to love the Camaro, but the visibility is god awful. Maybe it's not so bad once you get used to it, but I don't know. The challenger is gorgeous, but heavier than my truck and the SRT8 is really expensive. The R/T is an option but the 5.7 would need lots of mods right off the bat to keep me happy. The Mustang is the cheapest and lightest of the group, and I'm pretty impressed with the 5.0. Honestly, I'm leaning more and more towards the Mustang. It's kind of a weird feeling, this is the first Mustang I've ever wanted.

I plan to keep my truck, so I won't be a total traitor if I buy a Ford.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really like them the best, out of those three. Just put some ARH headers & x-pipe on a 2012 Boss302. Very impressive machine, nice chassis, and a good powerplant. I've read and heard about some transmission durability problems though. But I think that happens with stickier tires.

That said, if I had the dough for one of the cars mentioned, I think I'd try to find a nice used C6 Corvette. I've driven them all.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A used C6 is one of the options I'm looking at, I just haven't found a decent one in my price range that isn't a piece of ****. Even if I do, I'm kind of in love with the new muscle cars, lol.

If I go Mustang I'll probably get a M6 base GT with 3.73s as the only option. I might have a hookup at a dealership to get one for around 27k.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Agreed on the camaro visibility. That was the very first thing I noticed sitting in that car. I don't even think my *** got a good feel for the seat before I made a comment about the sliver of windshield that there was to look out of.

Bottom line...fast is fast, regardless of the manufacturer and what the fanboys say. It doesn't matter what you get as long as you like it.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

5.0s are the new beasts for sure... 11s are a tune and a few bolt ons away man. I would get one but I'm afraid they will be like LS cars soon and everyone will have one! That's why I built a truck... fast and different when I go to the track.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I went through the same situation for a year. We drove the 5.0,SRT8 challenger and even the R/T (turd). We sit in a camaro that's about it. Didn't even care to drive it.

I took one mans advise on here ''prof'' and my wife and I went and test drove a used CTS-V and that was all it took. We were both sold and knew what we wanted afterwards. Then the search was on to find one.

BTW: It's for sale.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

FYI... I'm about to put a shortblock in a 2012 5.0 here at the shop with about 1600 miles on it.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

why, what happened to it?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

looks like it it never seated the rings for some reason. Burned oil from day one he said and about 3 cylinders are down on compression. He's got an axle back Bassani exhaust but its otherwise stock. He's an older guy so I doubt he's been beating it to death. We're going to tear it down and see exactly whats going on... might get new rings and down the road, might get a whole engine, never know with Ford sometimes LOL.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
looks like it it never seated the rings for some reason. Burned oil from day one he said and about 3 cylinders are down on compression. He's got an axle back Bassani exhaust but its otherwise stock. He's an older guy so I doubt he's been beating it to death. We're going to tear it down and see exactly whats going on... might get new rings and down the road, might get a whole engine, never know with Ford sometimes LOL.
did they ever fix the tick tick tick sounds the 5.0 makes??? lol...

op out of all three i love the looks of the challenger, but i love the 6.2 in the camaro. i would buy the camaro.... lol.

Quick Reply: Anyone else really like the 2011 Mustang GT?