THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone ever taken a anger management course??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:53 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just think to yourself, as the the stupid f ing idiot is pissing you off , is this stupid fowk really worth getting mad over? 9 times out of 10 your thoughts will make you laugh at em instead - trust me it works i developed hypertension (high blood pressure) just from getting pissed off at stupid idiotic fowks all day now i laugh or smile and think you dumb fowker
Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know where you're coming from. Where I work I have to interface with the general public. It gets bad on some days.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May want to try working out or something. I know that excercise is the best medication for the body. But all in all dont let it get to ya man.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
I hire 200+ seasonal employees every year... I have more frustrating morons than not. I used to get pissed all the time and finally realized me getting pissed doesn't really affect them, only me. Don't really have any sound advice on how to get there but you just gotta let go, people will be people and you can't do **** about it.

I drink (maybe a bit much but **** it), play with cars or guns, or just go outside for 15-20 minutes when it builds up but as a general rule just let **** slide. I was known for years as the angry one and at this job people think I'm a damn teddy bear, much better wrap to have than the guy that might fly off the handle.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Might I also suggest....

Adam Sandler - I Feel Pretty - Anger Management - YouTube
Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive just come to the realization that Im never going to be upper management material due to my attitude. Im OK with that, if youre really set on climbing the company ladder I have no idea what to tell you. Ive also been a hot-head and probably always will. It hasnt really dwindled with age, at 26 I would think Id be a bit more chill.

Personally my problem is when people dont listen to me and follow my directions or just do something my 17 month old son would do and theyre a grown *** adult I just cant deal with it. Ive learned to keep my voice down though and that seems to help some.

I know youre company is structured a bit different than my industry but can you just get rid of the tards? When I tell my guys if they dont want to do what theyre suppose to do Ill get their company to find someone who will or there will be a new company on site. That usually settles things pretty well but not always unfortunately

Ive considered going the medicated route myself but I just cant stand taking pills to "fix" me. I used to take all different kinds of **** for ADHD and stopped taking it because I felt like I wasnt myself. Figure take me for who I am, better to be hated for who you are than loved for who youre not.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I feel your pain.

Back in '00 when I graduated and just as I was preparing myself for my first job interview my dad's friend told me: "Son, the world is full of morons, you better be ready".

He wasn't kidding...
Old 02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

My attitude, and ability to accept stupid people, greatly improved around the age of 35. Once your own kids become teenagers, and you have to deal with that bullshit, stupid employees become much easier to deal with.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dunno bout yall but i could careless. Just how i am, i can say ive only really gotten mad maybe 3 times in my 26 years.
Valve spring tool come loose while i was puttin new ones on in this 4.8. Spring hit me really close to my eye and i lost it. It took forever to find my bucket of bolts and tools after i kicked them across the shop.

I have to deal with the general public at my new job and there sure are some morons out there.

Got this good one here Had this tard come in last week and bought some bearings amd a chain. He got to blabbering bout hunting and stuff so i obliged, then the classic move, he gets out his phone and starts showing his deer pictures. Happens everyday.
Then he wont shutup and leave so i get back on the computer and start lookin for something. He proceeds to tell me that he has his class B farming license (?) and had this guy build him a full auto 45-70 AR-15. By now im cringing inside thinking this guy really has no clue who he is talkin to. So i pick up the phone like im callin a number off the scree and he finally leaves.
My gosh at the morons. 45-70 brass it self is too long to fit in a AR15 magazine to start with.
I just keep quiet and play their game if i have to speak. Its actually fun sometimes to just completely ignore them. They get the clue fast.

But nothing really bothers me, i might get aggravated but ill forget bout it quickly.

But im always lookin forward to the weekend, time to go walkin and shooting stuff

Too bad none of that actually helps your situation. All i know to tell ya is to just think before you speak, you cant fix stupid, but you can refrain from causing a issue for yourself.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

You can't fix stupid people, but you can certainly treat them how they are acting. Every once in a while it rings a bell. Sounds like a dull thud, but its there...

Quick Reply: Anyone ever taken a anger management course??