THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Apple iPad, anyone seen this thing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dgrown
i still dont see what the big deal is about the iPhone i have a old flip phone

Flip phone vs iPhone
Case Steel and plastic /steel and glass
Dropped bounces and flex's /breaks
Email No i have a laptop /yes but every black berry does as well
Music Yes /Yes
Internet Yes /Yes
Text Yes /Yes
Touchscreen No /Yes but too small for me
video cam Yes /Yes
Alarm clock Yes /Yes
Price $150 /$799

Excuse me for my ignorance but i don't exactly see what I'm missing but a ton of money i can't afford to loose at the moment. till i can plug it into the OBDII on my truck and tune it I'm not buying one... oh wait i have a product for that already its called my old trusty Acer laptop and it can do every thing the iPad can and more
You're comparing what you phone can do to what a iPhone can do, not what a iPhone can do that your phone CANT do. The iPhone is not for everyone it is more expensive and does have its downsides like the battery never seem to last longer than a full day without needing to be charged. But it does so many things that I can't do with a normal phone and I really enjoy the mobile access. Im a very mobile person I work a day job, go to school for my masters, and I have 3 separate small businesses that I run. Without my iPhone I couldn't do all that I do. Its amazing how much I can get done sitting on the train on my way to work.

First it has exchange integration for email and I can manage multiple email accounts from it. I currently have 3 business email accounts for my different businesses and one personal email account.

I can remotely connect to my business servers using a Remote Desktop application if I ever need to reset them which I do have to do from time to time.

Im able to use a Virtual Terminal on my iPhone to run customers credit cards instead of having to boot up my laptop.

I can actually make outbound calls from my iPhone and make them appear to be coming from my office 800 number. I can also check my office voicemails right on my phone and view faxes on my phone.

I can check my account balances and activity for both my personal and business bank accounts and credit cards.

When im on the train or walking to my office I can listen to downloaded music, movies, or satellite radio.

There is a ton more that I do every day but this was just to give you an idea. The iPad will definitely make my life easier and more enjoyable since I was looking for a E-Reader.