THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Apple VS everybody, eerrr I mean Samsung, I mean Samsung

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Apple VS everybody, eerrr I mean Samsung, I mean Samsung

Sorry for the super uber liberal link, but I am a fan of getting my news from both sides...
Shelly Palmer: Apple v. Samsung: The Good, The Bad and The Sad

I don't agree with a few things in the article (I believe some of the patents weren't innovated by Apple, Apple bought them) but an interesting argument nevertheless.

Apple's Stock...Monday the 27th was the first day the market was open after the court's response.

Name:  applestock.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  83.0 KB

Last edited by dewmanshu; 08-28-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

**** apple. Some of the stuff they claimed as intellectual property is outright disgusting.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apple just plain sucks went through 4 iphones before I got a andriod so much better apple is just plain junk imo
Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

they put a patent on how your finger controles the screen? should the phone company sue the calculator company for copying their digit punching system? that's like an car company putting a patent on the windshield wiper and making every other car company design their own concept....sounds stupid to me.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
they put a patent on how your finger controles the screen? should the phone company sue the calculator company for copying their digit punching system? that's like an car company putting a patent on the windshield wiper and making every other car company design their own concept....sounds stupid to me.

I tend to agree. Where is the line before we completely stifle competition.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO

Just like every arguement or suit there are two sides. Seeing as I am an Apple user I will appear bias but I am a person who likes to look at both sides:

Apple: I feel they had a right to sue on SOME standards. When the android came out I said to my wife that it resembles the iPhone awfully closely, in this respect too close. Close enough apple felt they could sue and win which is exactly what happen. Some things as small as how to Navigate by swiping from page can be seen as infringing on intellectual property. Which put yourself in Steve jobs/Apples shoes. You invented the newest, most up-to-date phone and knowing every company will try their hardest to copy it so they patent it. Then a company still copy's it, seems like Samsung was asking for it. "innovate or die" was a great way too put it. Too many of the ideas that Samsung used were closely related to function of the iPhone which had to leave Samsung looking guilty if not BEING guilty

However,
Samsung: they got screwed in this situation. I would not agree with all of they suits. I.E. Finger gestures. Come on seriously Apple. You make millions of dollars a year on your products and you choose a lawsuit over how the finger gesture is used on the phones. Not only has Samsung been used as an example for other tablet/phone companies, they will now have to configure a whole new design because the rich will just keep getting richer. Hence the great support as the stocks show on Monday.

The whole thing is shady. What it's going to comedown instead of Apple just being humble they are going to continue to fight until literally every piece of equipment has their name somewhere on it because of some "infringement on intellectual property.". Protect what's yours and your ideas but don't be greedy and end up looking like a jackass.

Ok I'm done
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Goose33
IMO

Just like every arguement or suit there are two sides. Seeing as I am an Apple user I will appear bias but I am a person who likes to look at both sides:

Apple: I feel they had a right to sue on SOME standards. When the android came out I said to my wife that it resembles the iPhone awfully closely, in this respect too close. Close enough apple felt they could sue and win which is exactly what happen. Some things as small as how to Navigate by swiping from page can be seen as infringing on intellectual property. Which put yourself in Steve jobs/Apples shoes. You invented the newest, most up-to-date phone and knowing every company will try their hardest to copy it so they patent it. Then a company still copy's it, seems like Samsung was asking for it. "innovate or die" was a great way too put it. Too many of the ideas that Samsung used were closely related to function of the iPhone which had to leave Samsung looking guilty if not BEING guilty

However,
Samsung: they got screwed in this situation. I would not agree with all of they suits. I.E. Finger gestures. Come on seriously Apple. You make millions of dollars a year on your products and you choose a lawsuit over how the finger gesture is used on the phones. Not only has Samsung been used as an example for other tablet/phone companies, they will now have to configure a whole new design because the rich will just keep getting richer. Hence the great support as the stocks show on Monday.

The whole thing is shady. What it's going to comedown instead of Apple just being humble they are going to continue to fight until literally every piece of equipment has their name somewhere on it because of some "infringement on intellectual property.". Protect what's yours and your ideas but don't be greedy and end up looking like a jackass.

Ok I'm done
That sums it up!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I m going to Patent how I wipe my *** so I sue all you guys lol!

-sent from my IPhone
Old 08-29-2012, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by TIM Z
If I m going to Patent how I wipe my *** so I sue all you guys lol!

-sent from my IPhone
yeh but nobody wipes their *** with the things you use. Well, maybe a few, but you fuggers have your own spot on the internet to share those activities.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

With that approach, why doesnt microsoft sue apple for writing software....microsoft came first.

This is just a retarded game of who came first. Apple had the idea first, just as microsoft did in 1975...but apple is trying to monopolize instead of playing ball. Some bullshit.

Quick Reply: Apple VS everybody, eerrr I mean Samsung, I mean Samsung