THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Arizona legalizes concealed carry without a permit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SILVERADO11
I love the Idea. People commit crimes with the comfort of knowing most of the public is unarmed. Allowing the public to carry should greatly reduce robberies and public shootings as the criminals know that odds are good someone will be shooting back.

I totally agree with this complety. I always try and explain this to people around here they dont understand yeah there's gun laws against CCWs but do you think the bad guys care hell no. California could greatly reduce possible crimes just by giving the honest hard working people the right to protect themselfs and there families from low lifes by carrying a ccw.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

doesn't help that they're giving people in law enforcement pink slips left and right either... ok rant over
Way to go AZ
Old 04-20-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris05
...I always try and explain this to people around here they dont understand yeah there's gun laws against CCWs but do you think the bad guys care hell no. California could greatly reduce possible crimes just by giving the honest hard working people the right to protect themselves and their families from low lifes by carrying a ccw.
True on both counts. Not to be funny, but as the State (CA) how to determine honest, hard-workin from thugs is done how? Background checks, but what if some thug (s) slip past. Then the press would have afield day & those that anacted that legislation would be on the hot seat.

Understand, I'm not against, just lookin how the other side would see it.

Criminals don't play by rules, ever.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Oh, it's like that?!? ****, I'm ducking down when I drive thru AZ.
LMFAO!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

oh how I wish it was for 18+. All well I've got all of 7 months left gigitty, time to find me a .357 Glock for conceal!

oh how I love this state!

one of my favorite quotes my dad ever told me: "an armed society is a safe society". As stated above, criminals dont play by the rules but the law abiding citizen gets the shaft EVERY time.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Blown 427 LSX

I have the elusive CA CCW along with Utah and Florida which allows me to carry in 35 states if memory serves me?

CA was by far the hardest to get, I had to wait a full year on my back ground check, and then I had to interview with THREE sheriff deputies, all in one room, at the same time... which took an hour... all of this and I have deep connections within the department that "fast tracked" my permit lol.

Crime DOES go down, it has been proven statistically... and the opposite holds true as well - look at the crime rate in London once firearms were outlawed, crime has gone up tremendously... when you take away guns, you take them away from good people, not criminals.

Something I teach my students -

"Bad guys need to be right once... good guys ALWAYS need to be right, those who prepare... SURVIVE!"
Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After the incident i was in a few years ago it didnt take me long to put my application in.. I had my Permit 125 days after the incident.. Been carrying ever since.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
one of my favorite quotes my dad ever told me: "an armed society is a safe society". ...
I was gonna say that earlier but never did. Same structure, words differ.
"An armed society is a polite society".

People that don't wanna be gun advocates in society if everyone had option to carry, have a simple solution: Don't carry. Don't whine either. It's like TV or **** or whatever, if ya don't like it, don't view it. boohoo

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
I have the elusive CA CCW along with Utah and Florida which allows me to carry in 35 states if memory serves me?

CA was by far the hardest to get, I had to wait a full year on my back ground check, ...all of this and I have deep connections within the department that "fast tracked" my permit lol.

Crime DOES go down, it has been proven statistically... and the opposite holds true as well - look at the crime rate in London once firearms were outlawed, crime has gone up tremendously... when you take away guns, you take them away from good people, not criminals.

Something I teach my students -

"Bad guys need to be right once... good guys ALWAYS need to be right, those who prepare... SURVIVE!"
Good thing for connections; I'd hate to see how long if ya didn't have those Dave. As woulda you.

Last edited by fastnblu; 04-21-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that is great, hense another reason I hate this punk *** state.. MD FTL
Old 04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

good! they also are trying to pass a law for local police can deport immigrants, AZ seems like the place to be

Quick Reply: Arizona legalizes concealed carry without a permit