THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAVI05
wow i would love to meet some of yall and shake your hand.. some of u have no clue. u guys mean to tell me yall are happy that someone can be questioned because u look illegal? really you guys agree? and pls do not tell me they cant just pull u over for looking illegal cause the "law" says they cant. because they can. an id is an id not ur papers. big difference.

There was nothing stopping cops from doing it before... Really doesn't change too much. An officer once told me that if he follows anyone long enough, he can find a reason to pull them over.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coban
There was nothing stopping cops from doing it before... Really doesn't change too much. An officer once told me that if he follows anyone long enough, he can find a reason to pull them over.
u right about that.. but now he wont even need to ride behind someone that long. kinda made it easier to profile imo.. what happen to probable cause? it used to be well sir i pulled u over for a blown tail light, oh u dont have id and no ins. and so on. now its gonna be oh sir i pulled u over because u look illegal or some lame excuse, then can i see ur papers.. not the same at all....
Old 05-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A friend of mine is a sheriff and he doesnt need that law here in TX to pull someone over if he wants, problem is, here in TX if he gets an illegal he cant do crap about it. They wont take them to jail much less deport them.

All this does is actually enforce the federal law on illegal aliens period. All types of people are profiled its not just mexicans so get off your high horse.

I bought my dmax when I was 22, I fixed it up really nice and got pulled over all the time. I wasnt driving like an idiot, my tags were up to date, there was no real reason for them to pull me over but they would usually say they thought my tint was too dark. Which it was but I never got a ticket for it. Apparently a 22 year old "kid" driving a nice truck is reason for suspicion. My truck got searched twice and they went all over it top to bottom. I dont think I look suspicious, Im a normal skinny white kid, I dress nice for work, or have **** kicker clothes on which you would think would make me fit in driving a lifted 4wd diesel truck

Laws like this are the only way the US is going to get a handle on illegal immigration period, get over it. I have no compassion in my heart for people who are here illegally, leaching off my tax dollars and not paying a red cent for the accomadations they enjoy.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by JAVI05
wow i would love to meet some of yall and shake your hand.. some of u have no clue. u guys mean to tell me yall are happy that someone can be questioned because u look illegal? really you guys agree? and pls do not tell me they cant just pull u over for looking illegal cause the "law" says they cant. because they can. an id is an id not ur papers. big difference.
ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY YES.

when i get pulled over, 100% of the time i am asked for identification. even if i can only provide a divers license number it is considered some sort of identification. or a SS#. so why is everyone else bitching when they are asked? im sure they dont deport on the spot. if you cant prove residence in 2 days or so, haul them to south america and drop them off that way they cant worm their way back in as easily.

also i doubt this law gives them the right to look at you and say "yo vato, bring me your papers holmes" when you screw up and get pulled over, or arrested...only THEN can they ask for ID.

Last edited by TXsilverado; 05-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Love AZ!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=1slow01Z71;4464551]A friend of mine is a sheriff and he doesnt need that law here in TX to pull someone over if he wants, problem is, here in TX if he gets an illegal he cant do crap about it. They wont take them to jail much less deport them.

^^^this is the problem. all thats gonna happen is them cross right back in and repeat the cycle.? waste of time and money imo. arizona is going about this all wrong and backwards. first secure our borders.. stop them from crossing, fine and send the people that hire these guys to jail. imo this would be a better way to start.. not, oh they look illegal lets pull him over and start harrassing people. dpnt forget the cops have to have probable cause to pull u over. **** what that sheriff freind told u.!!! been there done that..

in a nutshell lets start with really "SECURING" our borders, then go from there. and if we still have an immigration problem only means the borders are still not secure.! forget illegals trying to come work. we need to worry about terroists coming thru mexico.. thats the bigger problem imo.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY YES.

when i get pulled over, 100% of the time i am asked for identification. even if i can only provide a divers license number it is considered some sort of identification. or a SS#. so why is everyone else bitching when they are asked? im sure they dont deport on the spot. if you cant prove residence in 2 days or so, haul them to south america and drop them off that way they cant worm their way back in as easily.

also i doubt this law gives them the right to look at you and say "yo vato, bring me your papers holmes" when you screw up and get pulled over, or arrested...only THEN can they ask for ID.
dude id and papers are not the same. u dont get that.. your id does not tell u if your illegal or not. its an id. it can be a fake name and address. so what are U talking about? ever heard of a resisdent allien card? visa all those papers that are involved. birth certifcate etc..?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:51 AM

i heard seattle is boycotting AZ...all of those redlight cameras are from a AZ based company....but seattle opted to keep the redlight companies.

hypocrites... i think AZ should yank all contracts on those too.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive worked in some substations in Arizona.. even installed a few transformers in Page and Phoenix. Arizona is one of the main Grids to the south west. I hope they do shut the power off to them, All it takes is flip one switch.

I cant figure out why everybody is trying to make a big stink over this... what part of Illegal Immigrant do they not understand.. the illegal part?? HUM..
Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 AM

[quote=JAVI05;4464560]
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
A friend of mine is a sheriff and he doesnt need that law here in TX to pull someone over if he wants, problem is, here in TX if he gets an illegal he cant do crap about it. They wont take them to jail much less deport them.

^^^this is the problem. all thats gonna happen is them cross right back in and repeat the cycle.? waste of time and money imo. arizona is going about this all wrong and backwards. first secure our borders.. stop them from crossing, fine and send the people that hire these guys to jail. imo this would be a better way to start.. not, oh they look illegal lets pull him over and start harrassing people. dpnt forget the cops have to have probable cause to pull u over. **** what that sheriff freind told u.!!! been there done that..

in a nutshell lets start with really "SECURING" our borders, then go from there. and if we still have an immigration problem only means the borders are still not secure.! forget illegals trying to come work. we need to worry about terroists coming thru mexico.. thats the bigger problem imo.
i agree that your method would be a better start...but that is not arizonas job, and we have been asking the govt to do it for years without any results...so arizona is doing what they can.

with technology today, i dont see why it isnt in place that an legal citizen couldnt swipe their drivers license into a machine and it pop up with all of their proper documentation? why isnt this in place yet?

Quick Reply: Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.