THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every action has a consequence, good or bad. Suprised the thread is not closed yet.
I support legal immigration.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SILVERBIRCH
Would they just cut the lights for the Illegals?
What about the legal ones? Im sure there has to be atleast one legal one in L.A.
There 12 last time I counted

It would be funny to see the news stories about LA and the massive rolling blackouts that would be caused by losing a 1/4 of theur electricity supply. In all actuality they would be able to get electricity from other Colorado river power companies but they would be paying a premium.

Wonder if ole Beverly Hills/Hollywood is on the same poewr grid. That would be some funny **** to see how dedicated all the bleeding heart liberal celebs are to their "cause" when they have to sit out in their Bentley for AC
Old 05-20-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by JAVI05
what if u dont get caught and kill someone.? i never said since we like and talk about it we think its legal. its not.! but we accept it because its something we like.. but u keep highlighting the word illegal. why is that illegal activity ok with u then? and most of us. but the illegal immigration oh god no its illegal.. blah blah!!????? so u accept some illegal activity but not something that doesnt apply to u.. i got ya now!
We like it but we all know the consequences if we get caught. If/when we get caught we have to pay the piper and man up, just like an illegal does if he gets caught on this side of the fence. Street racing is NOT ok, therefore it carries consequences why cant you understand that? You talk about everyone else twisting your words but youre reaching pretty hard buddy.

And if you kill someone while street racing Im pretty damn sure they would catch you, you cant just disappear these days.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
There 12 last time I counted

It would be funny to see the news stories about LA and the massive rolling blackouts that would be caused by losing a 1/4 of theur electricity supply. In all actuality they would be able to get electricity from other Colorado river power companies but they would be paying a premium.

Wonder if ole Beverly Hills/Hollywood is on the same poewr grid. That would be some funny **** to see how dedicated all the bleeding heart liberal celebs are to their "cause" when they have to sit out in their Bentley for AC
ahhh they must be supervisors lol....
by the way have they finished with the Census im curious about the results
Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by pasadenaman
Every action has a consequence, good or bad. Suprised the thread is not closed yet.
I support legal immigration.
As long as no one straight up attacks someone else Ill babysit the thread. If people start getting crazy then Ill shut it down.

And I agree with you. Im all for people coming to this country to make a better life for themselves, as long as they have at the very least a tax ID to be a tax paying person and they speak/read english.
TECH Enthusiast

Firght fire with fire. They want to cancel 60Mil worth of contracts from AZ.
TECH Fanatic

i think i made my point. some of yall accept other types of illegal activity. but not illegal immigration because its "ILLEGAL".. and doesnt apply to most of yall. great.. i got it now... im done.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM

BRB gotta go check on my illegals drilling the piers on my jobsite
Old 05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
BRB gotta go check on my illegals drilling the piers on my jobsite
First time I've checked back in since posting last night. Guys, take it easy if you can on the personal attacks. Some are obviously pro this, and some aren't.

I sure as hell am. I support Arizona 100%. I am someone that can see how illegals are directly hurting this economy, and if you haven't noticed yet we're doing pretty **** poor in this country these days. I work construction, I operate heavy equipment and I'm pretty damn good at what I do. I feel comfortable saying that. The problem is, I earned my wage through acquiring a unique skillset and putting that skillset to work for me. When a company bids for a job they include the cost of having me on that jobsite, including my medical benefits and retirement. A company that hires illegals (yes, it happens up here in CT too) doesn't have the cost to contend with when they bid their job. The difference between me being on a job and someone who is here illegally can average between $50,000-$75,000 a year. Now, multiply that number between how many operators might be on that jobsite. That's make or break for winning a bid. That's just people running heavy equipment, nevermind laborers where illegals are much more prevelant in this trade.

So, now that my "they're takin' my job" rant is over, lets look at the aftereffects. It's payday. They get paid in cash because it's easier for the books people to play with the numbers that way. What do they do with their cash? Sure, they might be buying gas if they have a car, they're certainly buying food so they can live... but where does the rest of it go? Most bleeding hearts will say they send it back home to help better their families. How noble... but how does that help our economy? Sending money to a seperate country doesn't help our situation here at all. They're vacumming up cash in america, and emptying the bag in a different country. There's been quite a few jobs lately that have come up that would have been nice to work on, but people I would work for have been underbid time and time again by these people. Don't say that doesn't happen, because it's happening time and time again right now. Yes, right now. I look out my back door and it's happening right on my street. A school project, on my own road none the less, got sucked right out from under our feet. "hey mike, why don't you do something about it then?" I did. I made phone calls, I had people checking into it, but in the end no one wants to get involved in it because it's a messy situation in the long run.

So, here I sit unemployed again. Since Jan of '09 I've worked ~5 months. 5 months in about a year and a half. I'm not putting any money into the state, but I'm drawing unemployment. How does that help the economy? How does that help the standards of living? How does that help me and my girlfriend become become me and my wife? How does that help me and her buy a house? In simple terms, it doesn't.

What am I doing about it? I'm looking for a different line of work right now. Sure, I'll be taking a steady $40k a year paycut most likely (and don't get high and mighty with that figure getting thrown out there, I bust my ******* *** out in the heat, rain, and snow all year round to earn what I earn), but at least I'll be getting a steady paycheck again. No, I won't apply for one of the companies hiring illegals, it's morally and ethically wrong and I won't help facilitate putting more Americans out of work. It sucks, and when people stand up for the people (yes, they are people too) that are one of the major underlying causes for these problems it pisses me off a little.

I'm not personally attacking anyone here, don't take this the wrong way please. I'm just putting my opinion, combined with my personal experiences out there for people who are interested to read them.

Pull the plug Az.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

From AZ born and raised.....

Glad we finally did something, if you dont like it.... DON"T VISIT....

I too support LEGAL immigration, do it right and try to speak ENGLISH for @#$%'s sake. Try posting a CL add here 75% of the calls " U Speaka e spannish" My reply "No"..... "Ho Lon" they then go get their kid, who speaks perfect english... Learned at public skool ... on my dime... Yeah im all for that

I know all the other border states have the same problem, we just did something about it. There is a lot of work to do, we need to make it eaiser for law enforcement and ICE. Hell we'll give a Drivers Licence to an Illeagle so that dosent make it clear of your status. Its a mess, plane and simple. This is just a start. Yes it needs some work but it was needed.

Quick Reply: Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.