THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me clarify Mike, as Im sure youve noticed by my posts Im in construction BUT Im an inspector. I am contracted by the building owner to make sure his General Contractor and the GC's subs do what theyre suppose to do. My company only employees legit, american taxpyaing citizens. I have no control over who the companies I supervise hire to work for them. I work with a ton of illegals and share the exact same views as you do but I can do nothing about it since they are other companies employeeing these people.

Atleast here in Texas there is legislation on the books to make the fines very stiff for companies caught employeeing illegal aliens which I whole heartedly support.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wanna ask one question. how do u guys know if someone u work with is illegal or not? do they show u their papers? i dont get how mike and 1 slow can say i work or have seen tons of illegals working on job sites etc?? are u guys profiling too.? i cant tell if someone is illegal or not by looking at them. they might be jamming spanish music, speaking spanish, and eating tacos, but i dont know their status by looking at them. do 1slow or mike own a company that u know for sure who is what??

Last edited by JAVI05; 05-20-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up I support this thread

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Let me clarify Mike, as Im sure youve noticed by my posts Im in construction BUT Im an inspector. I am contracted by the building owner to make sure his General Contractor and the GC's subs do what theyre suppose to do. My company only employees legit, american taxpyaing citizens. I have no control over who the companies I supervise hire to work for them. I work with a ton of illegals and share the exact same views as you do but I can do nothing about it since they are other companies employeeing these people.

Atleast here in Texas there is legislation on the books to make the fines very stiff for companies caught employeeing illegal aliens which I whole heartedly support.
........... "Hello, imm........"

And to the OP topic, one word, wait for it...... A W E S O M E !
I hope it happens!
Old 05-20-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by JAVI05
i wanna ask one question. how do u guys know if someone u work with is illegal or not? do they show u their papers? i dont get how mike and 1 slow can say i work or have seen tons of illegals working on job sites etc?? are u guys profiling too.? i cant tell if someone is illegal or not by looking at them. they might be jamming spanish music, speaking spanish, and eating tacos, but i dont know their status by looking at them. do 1slow or mike own a company that u know for sure who is what??
Hmm lets see, its not hard to tell. Not speaking a word of English a is a pretty dead giveaway. The fact that half the drillers I work with cant get CDLs for soem reason(gotta have a SS#) and their bosses come drive the rigs from site to site.

I know quite a bit of spanish and talk to them and many of the things they say allude to them being illegal in most cases besides the ones who straight up come out and say it. Im also good friends with a lot of the superintendents for the GC's since Ive been around a while and they tell me theyre company policy on hiring.

Ive worked with Mexicans since I was old enough to do any real work(~8 years old) since my dad is a superintendent so Ive got a good grasp on how to tell. I guess you could say Im a bit of a profiler myself, but Im not looking to haul anyone off to jail. Ive been in this business too long to actually be a racist person, I wouldnt be able to do my job because I would get fired, before you even go down that road.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
........... "Hello, imm........"
Im stupid, this part of your post was above my head
Old 05-20-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My brother in law was asked by the pastor husband(Female pastor) if they could borrow his truck to help move some things to and from a location for a day.

The Husband wrecked the truck caused $7k damage to the other car and he was at fault and $4k work or damage to my brother in laws truck.

They traded infor and went on with the move. A week later the guy that wrecked the truck is buying parts to fix my inlaws truck and ran a stop sign. He was asked for license and Insurance on his wifes car. he had no license and was detailed so they could ID him.

Immigration happened to be at the PPD and they took him into custody. Him not speaking English did not help him.

My brother files a claim to get the truck fixed.

2 weeks later my brother in law received a claim denial letter for the 2 claims.
He let an unlicensed driver use his vehicle and caused a wreck. Now my brother in law is stuck with a $7k repair bill for the other guys vehicle + dr bills and they lawyered up as well as fixing his truck becuase the driver was deported.

THIS HAPPENS EVERY DAY and by every race thats here.

The problem lies when the Illegal drives, has no license, no insurance and wrecks into your nicely kept truck. Injures or even kills you or a passenger.

The problem also lies when People with no SSN go work and use a fake ID and SSN they bought at the flea market, therefore stealing someones Identity.

The problem lies when a person with no SSN goes to get medical attention and the state has to foot the bill.

Its just not peopel from latin decent, its Illegals.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Hmm lets see, its not hard to tell. Not speaking a word of English a is a pretty dead giveaway. The fact that half the drillers I work with cant get CDLs for soem reason(gotta have a SS#) and their bosses come drive the rigs from site to site.
my grandma and some uncles i have are legal citizens and they do not speak english.. so speaking english is not required to become a citizen. plus the test u take can be took in spanish. next? . u are profiling. and pasadena man. ur right its not just latinos illegals its all of them. but what do we hear or see the most. mexicans. we cant deny that.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not fighting with you Javi. Laws and fees have changed in the last 2 years

FROM the gobament site
English & Civics
During your interview, a USCIS officer will test your ability to read, write, and speak English and your knowledge of civics. You must read one sentence out of three sentences correctly in English, and you must write one sentence out of three sentences correctly in English. Your ability to speak English is determined during your interview on your naturalization application. Finally, you must answer 6 out of 10 civics questions correctly to achieve a passing score.

You will be given two opportunities to take the English and civics tests and to answer all questions relating to your naturalization application in English. If you fail any of the tests at your initial interview, you will be retested on the portion of the test that you failed (English or civics) between 60 and 90 days from the date of your initial interview. See 8 CFR 312.5(a) and 335.3(b).

If You Don’t Pass
If an applicant fails the English and/or civics test during the first examination, the applicant will be required to take the same version of the test, old or new, when the applicant is retested, even if the retest is scheduled on or after October 1, 2009.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not trying to **** you off JAVI05, but I think it is BULLSHIT that you can actually take a citizenship test wrote in SPANISH to become an AMERICAN. I say turn off the power and deport all ILLEGALS. Not just the mexicans. I'm talking about ALL of them. Even canadians, arabs, muslims, and Barack Obama... This is our country and we want to keep it that way.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Speaking of the O

Nice one
Attached Thumbnails Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.-nobama.jpg  

Quick Reply: Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.