THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pasadenaman
Not fighting with you Javi. Laws and fees have changed in the last 2 years

FROM the gobament site
English & Civics
During your interview, a USCIS officer will test your ability to read, write, and speak English and your knowledge of civics. You must read one sentence out of three sentences correctly in English, and you must write one sentence out of three sentences correctly in English. Your ability to speak English is determined during your interview on your naturalization application. Finally, you must answer 6 out of 10 civics questions correctly to achieve a passing score.

You will be given two opportunities to take the English and civics tests and to answer all questions relating to your naturalization application in English. If you fail any of the tests at your initial interview, you will be retested on the portion of the test that you failed (English or civics) between 60 and 90 days from the date of your initial interview. See 8 CFR 312.5(a) and 335.3(b).

If You Don’t Pass
If an applicant fails the English and/or civics test during the first examination, the applicant will be required to take the same version of the test, old or new, when the applicant is retested, even if the retest is scheduled on or after October 1, 2009.
must have been updated.. because the test from what my grandma told me in "spanish" was a joke. she had to say some dumb words and write a dumb sentence. if its that easy i really dont understand why alot of illegals wont just take the damn test. and yes i do also think that the test in spanish is dumb wtf? so u see. passing the stupid az law. still isnt fixing the main problem just masking it and making it seem like something is being done.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Being illegal is like the Dont ask don't tell. We dont ask them for papers unless they are going to be hired for a job. Then you have the people that are proud of be illegal and go protesting wanting a change in the immigration laws that favor illegals and get deported. Then LULAC makes a big sticnk about it.

Illegals first have to come here legally like my dad did and meet the reqs to take the test.

California is bankrupt as of April. They though that taking a stance would benefit them some how. Someone thought, "Lets use the Arizona Law to break the contracts we have. This helps them election wise"" Then use California companies to do the work and then generate revenue for the sate. My 2 cents.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JAVI05
my grandma and some uncles i have are legal citizens and they do not speak english.. so speaking english is not required to become a citizen. plus the test u take can be took in spanish. next? . u are profiling. and pasadena man. ur right its not just latinos illegals its all of them. but what do we hear or see the most. mexicans. we cant deny that.
Why do you think not speaking English wasnt the only thing I use to get an idea? Read my entire post and quit taking a single sentence or phrase out of context and you will better comprehend my point if you are willing to take your blinders off.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1Slow, I wasn't targeting you in my last reply, I was just using your comment as a springboard to jump into my own life and experiences with this problem today.

Javi, I'm all for people going through the legal process to become citizens in this country. Its the people that thumb their noses at the system and everyone else trying to do it legally I have the problem with. They get paid in cash, don't pay taxes, don't have the licenses and qualifications that I have to pay for, yet they fly under the radar and get away with it. And for the comment of how do I know if someones an illegal... I lol at you. If you've been in the business more than a day or two you know who is who. Working in this business you see a lot of the same companies get slapped on the wrist over and over again. Worst case scenario they change their business name and move on. I'll say the sky is blue and you'll argue the grass is green... with you I agree to disagree. Again I'm not attacking anyone but I'll respond to directed comments.

Let's keep keeping this civil please
Old 05-20-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Im stupid, this part of your post was above my head
You're not stupid, I just didn't continue my statement as I did not want to create a storm. If you think about it for a second, in a conversation point of view, a conversation that you could have with someone.

I get the idea about not calling the Authorities/INS and what not, but illegal is illegal is illegal. They are throwing sand/clay/mud in the face of anyone who is on US soil legally, and hoping they don't get caught. When it is blatantly appearant that someone from ANY race (no profiling) is here illegally, I feel it is upstanding citizens' duty to bring it to light/ let the offending party know what they are doing is wrong, and possibly suggest the correct course of action to take to become a legal citizen. If after that they still have disregard, they don't deserve citizenship. Heck, one of the countries where illegal immigrants come from just had their president speak to congress today about the issue. Since when do we allow foreign leaders to influence US policy/legislation.

Not fighting with you Javi. Laws and fees have changed in the last 2 years

FROM the gobament site
English & Civics
During your interview, a USCIS officer will test your ability to read, write, and speak English and your knowledge of civics. You must read one sentence out of three sentences correctly in English, and you must write one sentence out of three sentences correctly in English. Your ability to speak English is determined during your interview on your naturalization application. Finally, you must answer 6 out of 10 civics questions correctly to achieve a passing score.

You will be given two opportunities to take the English and civics tests and to answer all questions relating to your naturalization application in English. If you fail any of the tests at your initial interview, you will be retested on the portion of the test that you failed (English or civics) between 60 and 90 days from the date of your initial interview. See 8 CFR 312.5(a) and 335.3(b).

If You Don’t Pass
If an applicant fails the English and/or civics test during the first examination, the applicant will be required to take the same version of the test, old or new, when the applicant is retested, even if the retest is scheduled on or after October 1, 2009.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a trickle down effect

If Legal citizen gets a cew of Illegals to start a roofing company.
He pays no insurance or bonds, pays them a lower price.
He can bid a lower price

Along come A bonded and insured Roffing company and Bids a higher price.

Who are you going to hire? You just look at the bottom line, the bid $$

Multiply this accross all the businesses and services that are out there.

Americans can't complete with this type of businesses.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skoal bandit
Not trying to **** you off JAVI05, but I think it is BULLSHIT that you can actually take a citizenship test wrote in SPANISH to become an AMERICAN. I say turn off the power and deport all ILLEGALS. Not just the mexicans. I'm talking about ALL of them. Even canadians, arabs, muslims, and Barack Obama... This is our country and we want to keep it that way.
That's what i was going to say. If you can't speak english then get the hell out!! If you can't pass a test in english, then turn back around. If i chose to move/live in another country than you bet your sweet *** i'd learn the language before entering foot there. It's sort of a lack of respect towards our country.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb Expanding....

There is a trickle down effect

If Legal citizen gets a cew of Illegals to start a roofing company.
He pays no insurance or bonds, pays them a lower price.
He can bid a lower price

Along come A bonded and insured Roffing company and Bids a higher price.

Who are you going to hire? You just look at the bottom line, the bid $$

Multiply this accross all the businesses and services that are out there.

Americans can't complete with this type of businesses.
Exactly, US legislators have built a box for all Law-Abiding "Citizens" to work in, knowing if you work out of that box you will be on your own getting your hand slapped/or worse. It has been designed this way to ensure funding to the regulatory agencies put in place to over-see all activities in perpetuity. What effectively occurs is the rewarding/awarding of funds to those that can "Work" outside the box and not get caught, while those doing things on the up and up get drug further into the ground to pay for the regulatory agencies that are supposed to be quashing the "outside-the-box" guys/gals. When a revenue disparity exists, like it does now, you'll eventually end up with no way to fund the regulatory agencies (See new methods of taxation - VAT like), as the people on the up and up have reduced/little to none income to fund such agencies.

How do you expect a countries' citizenry to feel good and prosper doing things the right/legal way, when we have so much going on around us that is illegal? And that those in power seem to not care/promote these means and methods?

Last edited by ForcedTQ; 05-20-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The speaking English part is bullshit!!! since when do you have to speak english to pay taxes or pay a bill. now a days MONEY TALKS and thats what it all boils down to money, money, money.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SILVERBIRCH
The speaking English part is bullshit!!!

Please enlighten me how so? This is America and we speak english, just like in mexico they speak spanish. If you can't adapt and show respect for a country that you want to enter then you don't belong there.

Originally Posted by SILVERBIRCH
now a days MONEY TALKS and thats what it all boils down to money, money, money.

Money doesn't talk around here, an honest word and hard work does.

Quick Reply: Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.