THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SILVERBIRCH
The speaking English part is bullshit!!! since when do you have to speak english to pay taxes or pay a bill. now a days MONEY TALKS and thats what it all boils down to money, money, money.
Last time I checked all traffic signs are in English, Id really like for the person next to me on the highway to be able to read this sign

so they dont side-swipe my *** or cause someone else to wreck doing a hail-mary trying merge over at the last possible second.

There are reasons why people living in this country should know how to speak/read English, besides the fact that I hate having to press 1 for english on any automated telephone service. Thats 3 seconds of my life each time I call that Ill never get back
Old 05-20-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE Money doesn't talk around here, an honest word and hard work does.[/QUOTE]

That must be the only place money don't talk. Money talks pretty much everywhere else and it's starting to talk Spanish!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeteys5.3
Please enlighten me how so? This is America and we speak english, just like in mexico they speak spanish. If you can't adapt and show respect for a country that you want to enter then you don't belong there.

Money doesn't talk around here, an honest word and hard work does.

ok so i guess schools should do a way with spanish classes because they are pretty much useless???? now a days anywhere you go someone is gonna speak spanish so should they get deported for being bilingual???. besides how the fawk are you gonna expect someone from another country that came to the US legally to speak fluent english.

trust me money talk everywhere!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok so i guess schools should do a way with spanish classes because they are pretty much useless???? now a days anywhere you go someone is gonna speak spanish so should they get deported for being bilingual???. besides how the fawk are you gonna expect someone from another country that came to the US legally to speak fluent english.

Learning foreign languages is much different than the current topic, don't take it to the extreme. Funny thing is, i know many legal immigrants from mexico and they speak very good english and their children do too. Anybody can learn, its just a matter of willingness. Yes not all might be perfect, but they can learn the language, no excuses there.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 PM

There is no denying money talks, life cant be perpetuated without it, until a post apocalyptic era where we are back to hunter/gatherers and barter for goods again

English should be the common denominator in the US, all legal documents are in English. Spanish, French, German, Arabic, etc should be secondary. Those classes should still be in school, it is important for people to be diverse but everyone has to share a common ground for a society to continue to flourish. Lately that common ground has disappeared beneath our feet and we are reaping the whirlwind of that
Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

x2.. yall need to learn spanish... imo. money does talk everywhere. and here in houston tx there is a lil town we call china town. street signs, and stores are all in some type of asain langauge (u know those lil symbols) i dont understand any of it. but who cares. also i see a **** load of signs around saying vota aqui..meaning vore here. in spanish. so not everyone thinks like u buddy. not even ur republifuck buddies. ask rick perry what he thinks of that law.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Youre the king of "Taken Out of Context" for teh purposes of this thread. Those signs are prevalent around the South because guess what... its the South. The northern states dont have that crap. Im sure youve also heard of China Town, most major cities have a section of town devoted to their heritage where the bulk of Asians live in any given town. If Im not mistaken its part of an agreement with the Chinese embassys.

What law are you referring to that Rick Perry endorses? He is very anti-amnesty and immigration, always has been, thats the ticket that Bill White is tryign to ride rght into the governors mansion(well house since the mansion is being remodeled).
Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb

People from ANY country that choose to come here legally to become citizens, have to take the TIME to PREPARE! They have to apply, pay fees, and pass tests to prove knowledge and desire to become a citizen. You have to PREPARE to come here legally, you can't just show up one day, walk across the border, and expect everything to be the same for you as it is for someone that did it legally. That is how I am going to expect that someone can speak and read the english language, and it's a way to ensure our country's citizens can communicate between one another.

Foreign language classes are NOT useless, anyone that wants to be able to communicate with someone that does not speak english benefits from these, as well as enhances their cultural background. These classes often times bring to light some specifics of the related ethnic background.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAVI05
x2.. yall need to learn spanish... imo. money does talk everywhere. and here in houston tx there is a lil town we call china town. street signs, and stores are all in some type of asain langauge (u know those lil symbols) i dont understand any of it. but who cares. also i see a **** load of signs around saying vota aqui..meaning vore here. in spanish. so not everyone thinks like u buddy. not even ur republifuck buddies. ask rick perry what he thinks of that law.
I won't learn a language in my home country because immigrants want to push their own culture to influence me. If you can't take the pride in the country you take residence and rather protest their culture then too bad, you can go back home. I can't wait until we pass the law stating English as the national language!!!!

Originally Posted by JAVI05
ur republifuck buddies
Actually I'm a Right-Wing Extremist
Old 05-20-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Youre the king of "Taken Out of Context" for teh purposes of this thread. Those signs are prevalent around the South because guess what... its the South. The northern states dont have that crap. Im sure youve also heard of China Town, most major cities have a section of town devoted to their heritage where the bulk of Asians live in any given town. If Im not mistaken its part of an agreement with the Chinese embassys.

What law are you referring to that Rick Perry endorses? He is very anti-amnesty and immigration, always has been, thats the ticket that Bill White is tryign to ride rght into the governors mansion(well house since the mansion is being remodeled).
NO RICK PERRY DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE AZ LAW! very simple.

Quick Reply: Arizona Threatens to Shut Off Power to L.A.