THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Been gone since Dec.11, missed me, huh?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been gone since Dec.11, missed me, huh?

Haven't heard from Tom(fastnblu) lately. Well now you have.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=473884

Last edited by fastnblu; 01-21-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:19 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

what? One thread wasn't enough? Welcome back Tom, good to see you haven't changed much!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who is fastnblu ?? A newbie????

LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bill, will u fix the thread spelling, please?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where the hell were you?
you fell off the face of the earth huh? welcome back
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey we were jus worried you might have renamed yo computer wilson or somthin.That was yesterday though today everyones gonna be like what? Ahh it was no big deal Tom disappeared hes was probably busy through the holidays or somthin but,deep down you know they was missin you man.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

I started workin 6-14 hrs a day, usually towards the higher end. Sometimes, Wed. or early Thur., I was already at 40hrs. & counting. I didn't even go on the computer for days at a time, even to just look at my common sites. Only watched TV on Sun., my only day off. It was NFL time baby! So weeks went by fast. I had to grab the $, cause it's feast or famine, & now it's gone.

I also turned 40 in Dec. & felt & still feel I'm not where I wanna be in life. Someone told me no one is, which helped a little. So I'm trying to make some positive changes. I've owed a debt for a long time to my Mom, from when I made some good coin. I then got laid off from 3 jobs in a row for ~ 1 1/2 yrs. It took a long time to recover from that, & so now I'm tryin to make good on what I owe to her. I gave her $2K on Chritmas, which she was touched by. After I see how my bills are at this month's end, I plan to continue payin her. She never really probably thought she'd she it again, & for a long time I felt like a loser cause of that I felt as tho if somethin were to happen to either of us, & I never paid her back, I was that "loser".
I want to continue that & finish my truck too. I have other goals, some lofty, some may be silly, but I wanna make good on them. For the most part, cause of some circumstances outside of my control, I had to move from the "hood" yrs. ago, & was told I'd never finish restoring an older Grand Prix. I regretted that. But other than that, I've pretty much done or tried to do, everything I've set my mind to, some things just took (or take) longer. Or I drag my feet. I'm trying to correct that too.

Thanks for kind words Duane & others.

Last edited by fastnblu; 01-21-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Bill, will u fix the thread spelling, please?
Fixed and keep your chin up
Old 01-21-2011, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks Cody. I've even stepped into the new century / millenium.
I go an Apple Ipod touch from my bro for my B-day & Christmas. Then a week ago, since the "Touch" only works if Wifi is unlocked I got another toy for myself. DroidX. This thing is wicked. A bigger version of a I-touch, but w/. mobility wherever. I love it. Gas isn't gettin any cheaper as we progress forward, & many times I waste gas, time, both of which = money by coming home to see what movie is showing when, or look up any kind of info online. Or call people. That's all gone w/. this lil compuet that works as a phone. Now if I could just figure out how to "Take this job & shove it!" on my phone for when I'm around my bosses. I've spent hours tryin to figure that out.

And man, I really hate to get into a pymt. unless it's a house pymt. But I need my job to be more secure for a big step like house. This weekend is the NAIAS, & I wanna check out the Volt. That's a lot of coin at ~$41K, & I saw awhile back, Spoolin had a thread on it, that I need to read. I'm dying to know the 0-60.

Right now, I'm only gettin 11 MPG in my truck w/. winter, RFG & an issue here or there. The Volt is very comparable in terms of insurance, & I could keep my 04, w/. an eye on goin more radical down the road. The Volt idea was for grins, but while my job has improved, I need more $ for home, & my future well-being in general. Maybe a Volt we be in my future.

I need to streamline my operation all around. No one can change a person more than that person themself.

Last edited by fastnblu; 01-21-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 PM
something else

Welcome back Tom! Good to hear that your doing well!

Quick Reply: Been gone since Dec.11, missed me, huh?