THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Busy weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice CRF 250R! Sorry about your truck though. Where did you guys go riding? It looks like you were driving on I5 to somewhere, maybe around San Luis Reservoir? I've got an '05 250X that sits neglected in the garage, but these Hondas are damn quick for just being little 250's! Looks like a fun time riding.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
Nice CRF 250R! Sorry about your truck though. Where did you guys go riding? It looks like you were driving on I5 to somewhere, maybe around San Luis Reservoir? I've got an '05 250X that sits neglected in the garage, but these Hondas are damn quick for just being little 250's! Looks like a fun time riding.
That was up in Carnagie, ever been? First time I've ever been there, place was absolutely beautiful!

Henry (stoichiometric) lives pretty close by and invited me up for the weekend so I drove up from LA. Took me about 4.5 hours give or take a rear end collision here and there.
I'm not sure exactly where I was when I got in the accident but it was North of Bakersfield maybe about an hour or so.
It was a blast though, that 250R actually belongs to a friend of mine. I used to loan him my dirt bike back when I had one, so now he lets me trash on his from time to time!! I'm looking to get one for myself though.

I found a video that Henry made of himself riding around carnagie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFQ-cqCl_f4
Old 03-17-2010, 01:11 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn that is a gorgeous landscape!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks like a fun weekend besides getting hit. i sold my dirtbike a little over a month ago cause i needed money after i wrecked my r6 but sometimes i wish i hadn't. who was the chick riding with ya'll? pics?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sucks that your truck got fucked up, but sweet riding pics! miss my KX450F!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First dirtbike i ever got to drive was a Yamaha 125. I rebuilt the engine for my boss and had to break it in for him.. Well after a heat cycle i decided id go hit the pasture. Power band is freakin sweat! Well until you hit a hill and it kicks in on ya. Bike went flying thru the air and bucked me off... woops. New handle bars and i didnt ride one for awhile.

Next one was a Honda XR400R, rebuilt the carb on it and alot of maintance stuff. Besides the kickstart that one was awesome. wheelies in 2nd and 3rd no problem I didnt wreck it
Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Boss's Honda CRF250, had to make sure the suspension was working correctly......

My buddy wanted to ramp beside me and bout screwed up when it nose dived... haha no helment
Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by 454navyss
looks like a fun weekend besides getting hit. i sold my dirtbike a little over a month ago cause i needed money after i wrecked my r6 but sometimes i wish i hadn't. who was the chick riding with ya'll? pics?
Damn, I didn't know you wrecked your R6! I just sold mine two days ago and made a profit!!
I'm shopping around right now for a new bike, not sure what I'm gonna get yet. The girl is a good friend of Henry's, she's a pretty good rider, better than me at least. She's competing in a Hill climb contest this weekend at Carnagie.

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
First dirtbike i ever got to drive was a Yamaha 125. I rebuilt the engine for my boss and had to break it in for him.. Well after a heat cycle i decided id go hit the pasture. Power band is freakin sweat! Well until you hit a hill and it kicks in on ya. Bike went flying thru the air and bucked me off... woops. New handle bars and i didnt ride one for awhile.

Next one was a Honda XR400R, rebuilt the carb on it and alot of maintance stuff. Besides the kickstart that one was awesome. wheelies in 2nd and 3rd no problem I didnt wreck it
You kinda dabble in a little of everything don't ya?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin
You kinda dabble in a little of everything don't ya?
Gimme some gunpowder and watch what i can do
Everybody hates New years around our place..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:04 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Gimme some gunpowder and watch what i can do
Everybody hates New years around our place..
I think your neighbors hate you year round actually!!

Quick Reply: Busy weekend...