THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

California/Baja 7.2 Earthquake

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California/Baja 7.2 Earthquake

Just want to send out a quick note to our California/Arizona members that have been effected by the 7.2 mag earthquake today.

Hope all is o.k., and your families are safe.

Lisa
Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

i was working on my dmax and i was under the dashboard and i felt the truck shaking like someone was jumping up and down on the bed i started yelling :nunchuk1: " knock that **** off " and there was no one there
Old 04-04-2010, 07:59 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Felt it here in Ventura County.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the kind words lisa, my cousin lives about 15 minutes from the califronia Mexico border he texted me all freaked out LOL.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris05
thanks for the kind words lisa, my cousin lives about 15 minutes from the califronia Mexico border he texted me all freaked out LOL.
Chris I lived in Manhattan Beach and Belmont Shores, know all about Northridge and Big Bear...

Np. I know the quakes aren't fun, especially when your not sure when they'll stop. Is your Cuz o.k.?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
i was working on my dmax and i was under the dashboard and i felt the truck shaking like someone was jumping up and down on the bed i started yelling :nunchuk1: " knock that **** off " and there was no one there
Chase, u thought it was Julian comin to surprise you, didn't you?

I was wonderin how my buddy BlownChevy was makin out after I heard this. Cause I knew that SD was home to you. I couldn't tell someone where Ventura County is, but I know cities out there. Just not there proximity to one another. A good friend from PT is in SF, & says he doesn't worry unless the windows are shakin & plates fallin on the ground.

No thanks I don't want any, but some of y'all are used to it, right?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Fast..

Ventura County is north of Los Angeles by about an hour or so.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lisa, when u were out there, did u get used to it (quakes)?
Just cause I see more snow & snow/ ice than most, doesn't mean I like it, but I've been around it my whole life. It's what I know.
But when I'm old enough & can afford to, I'm headin south. I like Kentucky w/. all the cliffs cut thru roadways. Maybe somewhere I can race year-round. ...TX?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

**** I was in East Mesa, AZ and I felt the **** in my aunt's hospital room. I looked at my mom thinkin I was on crack and she did the same

crazy man, building shook for about 2 minutes. Crazy stuff, havent experienced one since I was a toddler in CA.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Lisa, when u were out there, did u get used to it (quakes)?
Just cause I see more snow & snow/ ice than most, doesn't mean I like it, but I've been around it my whole life. It's what I know.
I can tell you that I was prepared for the quakes, and as far as getting use to them, I can say I didn't, because you never knew what you were going to get hit with.

Back when Northridge hit So Cal, my then 75-ish Grandmother was staying with my parents in Manhattan Beach. My Mom ran down the 3 flights of stairs to get to my Grandma to make sure she was protected in a doorway. She's lived in PA/NY all of her life, no quakes there. Mom got to Grandma on her knees in the hallway, saying the Hail Mary. So you tell me.

Quick Reply: California/Baja 7.2 Earthquake