THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

California/Baja 7.2 Earthquake

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:38 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
About 3 1/2 yrs, in the tree section off 27th. Mom & Dad's place... very sweet.
Lisa I bought a place here in Manhattan beach a few years ago now, I kinda like it here because it's still LA but the people here are not as wound up and "fake" as they are in the adjacent cities. I plan on keeping this house for a while but I do want to move to Nor Cal rather soon. I can't turn down renting this place out when I do move though, the prices people pay for rent here is insane!!

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
i guess they dont bother me . not that im used to them since they really dont happen very often its when stuff starts breaking that i get excited.. how ever we do have an earthquake plan so to speak , living quarters/shelter food/water transportation/fuel and most important ammunition.

i still think something big is not too far away. too many recent earthquakes as of lately.
Didn't bother me as well. I was sitting down with some family and we started looking at each other and started counting how long this stupid quake was gonna last, we got to 45 seconds before we started getting bored. It takes a big earthquake to scare me nowadays, like lisa I went through the Northridge quake and I actually LIVED in Northridge!!
I was 10 and THAT was scary, since then I just don't care, if a roof falls on my head it falls on my head. I remember during one of the after shocks of the Northridge quake my mom rushed us all outside fearing the roof was gonna fall, so we got onto the front lawn and then the parked cars started jumping the curbs right onto our lawn, and my mom was like...on second thought, everybody back in the house. Walking through a doorway that acts like a fun house mirror is a memory that won't ever fade...creepy.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
I didn't feel a thing.
Of course not, you're too far north...
Old 04-06-2010, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Lisa I bought a place here in Manhattan beach a few years ago now, I kinda like it here because it's still LA but the people here are not as wound up and "fake" as they are in the adjacent cities. I plan on keeping this house for a while but I do want to move to Nor Cal rather soon. I can't turn down renting this place out when I do move though, the prices people pay for rent here is insane!!

Didn't bother me as well. I was sitting down with some family and we started looking at each other and started counting how long this stupid quake was gonna last, we got to 45 seconds before we started getting bored. It takes a big earthquake to scare me nowadays, like lisa I went through the Northridge quake and I actually LIVED in Northridge!!
I was 10 and THAT was scary, since then I just don't care, if a roof falls on my head it falls on my head. I remember during one of the after shocks of the Northridge quake my mom rushed us all outside fearing the roof was gonna fall, so we got onto the front lawn and then the parked cars started jumping the curbs right onto our lawn, and my mom was like...on second thought, everybody back in the house. Walking through a doorway that acts like a fun house mirror is a memory that won't ever fade...creepy.
Moving to NorCal? Try Tehachapi. Dad lived there for a little, and I thought it was pretty, but there's nothing around you. Closest big city was Bakersfield, I think.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Moving to NorCal? Try Tehachapi. Dad lived there for a little, and I thought it was pretty, but there's nothing around you. Closest big city was Bakersfield, I think.
Yeah, I'm not looking to move into the desert!!!
Thinking east of the Bay area in the Tri-valley area. We'll see.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Tom, we have earthquakes AND snow & ice here. Once in a while a big one will rock the place for several seconds before it stops. Those ones make us hold on. Most of the time though, they don't really affect us.

One big difference about AK is that there aren't alot of tall buildings to topple over.
I never knew that, seems to kinda stay in CA. We've had teenie, tiny here quake here. I'm not sure if it was here, or in OH, but it was a while ago & nothin to worry. High winds here & there, & a random tornadoe. Snow, snow/ice mix blows.

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Lisa I bought a place here in Manhattan beach a few years ago now, I kinda like it here because it's still LA but the people here are not as wound up and "fake" as they are in the adjacent cities. ...I can't turn down renting this place out when I do move though, the prices people pay for rent here is insane!!

SO that makes u insane if u pay high rent , doesn't it now?

I'm sure a roof on your head won't do much damage.
I've never read anything like that, parked cars jumping curbs. I can't imagine my friend.

If u like the bay area, SF might be for you. Plus, you're a Semen, so you'll fit in.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:03 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by fastnblu
SO that makes u insane if u pay high rent , doesn't it now?
I don't pay rent Tom...
What part of bought a house don't you understand!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops, my bad. Just caught that.

Did ya catch the SF joke?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was half buzzed when it happend i thought maybe the beer hit me a little harder, but then the pool was splashing from side to side. so i just kept right on drinking