THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.

The wife and I have entered in an 8 week couples competition to help us loose our "baby fat". The competition judges on total weight loss, measurements, and body fat percentage. I'm 31,6', fairly muscular frame, with a nice 27% body fat "padding". I'm doing a multiple small meal a day, lean protein, complex carb etc. diet with stepping up the cardio and continuing the weight lifting. My main goal here is to loose body fat % and gain muscle.
What i'm asking is: When I hit "the wall" here in a few weeks, is there a supplement out there that you guys have tried to help cut fat. I'm talking about the Ripped Fuel type stuff etc. I'm currently taking a multi vitamin and Creatine.
I ate like a hog all weekend, loaded up on water, and weighed in at 247 Monday 1/25/10, today I weighed 234 lbs.

Before pics:

After:

Lost 34 pounds. Still need to loose a few more.

Last edited by TurboGibbs; 03-29-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:59 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, good deal. I also started working out daily at the gym and hopeing to achieve the same goals. Good luck on the competition!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm down but I have no one to help tell me what to eat or how to exercise. I'm a big boy. I'm 28 yrs old - 6'1" - 316 lbs. You tell me what I need to do. I get frusterated with my size at times when it comes to buying clothes and for health reasons I know I need to lose weight so that I can live a long life. However, it's easy for me to lose track because for my physical size I'm VERY athletic. I can jump fences, sprint with the best of them and my endurance is very good. I have ALWAYS had a hard time keeping weight off. In my prime lean and mean (18yrs old) I was 225. I'd be happy to be 250 again. What do I do now?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
12 Second Truck Club

cut the creatine out and you'll lose some water. other then that, run your *** off and eat clean 5 times a day.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Multiple small meals is a good plan. Just make sure they are smalllllll. Less than satisfying even.... And don't reward yourself with snacks/food. Ever. Just following those will make a huge difference.

Creatine might make you retain more water (more weight), particularly the monohydrate varities. But as far as muscles go, it does make a difference. I really like Cellmass from BSN. This a different form of creatine (more endurance based). I use NO Xplode as a pre-workout supplement. It's kinda like adderall for working out.

When I'm trying to trim it up with a fat burner, I have used Xenadrine RFA-X with good results. Supplements get expensive quick though.

I don't sell and have nothing to gain from any of these companies BTW. I'm 5'11" 175lbs and just sharing what works for me. The NO Xplode and Xenadrine might make your heart race... Some people don't like that.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

I cut out late night eating and lost 35lbs last year (still off) I'm down to ~221lbs and want to see 205 or lower in the next 3 months with daily exercize and healthy diet.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
The House is Rockin'

if you wanna lose weight, cut out PASTA, BREAD, SODAS, AND DESSERT. and also late night eating like bill said, drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day. and be sure to eat breakfeast! and i dont mean biscuits & gravy lol...
Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, I have done a lot of research over the past couple years and have learned how to eat properly. It isn't a big deal since I like all foods and don't care for sweets much. My biggest weakness is the occasional yeast roll at a restaurant but especially beer and my home brew. Who knows how many calories are in one glass (probably 200-300). Multiply that by 6-8/evening and you get the above results.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good luck on the contest i'll second heavy chevy on the cut out all the good foods such as pasta's, bread's, beer,and pop
Old 01-28-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

ditch the creatine for protien, eat right and lots of cardio. the equation is pretty easy. tv makes it seem so hard. here is the secret to losing weight.

eat less and move more!

Quick Reply: Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.