THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, I've been dieting quite a bit. Here's the only comparison picture I have of before and after. I've lost about 5-7 pounds since then. I'll post up a current picture tomorrow:
Old 02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok I'll add a bit of simple information for people looking to lose weight, but don't know where to start.

There are a few very simple rules for losing weight. They're very simple and guaranteed to work.

1.)Burn more calories than you consume
2.) Lift weights 3-5 times a week
3.) Drink plenty of water
4.) Make sure you are consuming at least 1gram of protein per pound of lean body mass

It's very simple really. You don't need to take any supplements or fat burners, that's all hype. Everything that works well is illegal.

Don't get caught up with the number on the scale either. You'll eventually hit a wall and if you're lifting weights like you should you should still be burning fat and not muscle.

For me, I do a 5 day split.
-Chest
-Triceps
-Beach muscles(biceps and forearms)
-Back
-Shoulders

Cardio is nice, but it just allows you to eat more food and very little else. If you like eating, then do some cardio, but burning 500 calories on the treadmill is the same as just not eating 500 calories.

The biggest thing people make is that they workout hard at the gym, but not at home. You can lift weights and do cardio all day, but if you eat like crap and consume too many calories, you're just going to stay fat.

Now I'm not an expert, but I know a good bit about weight training and dieting. In high school I was a state ranked power lifter, and I'm currently playing college baseball. However, in addition I've been hurt lately and my dieting and weightlifting went to hell and as you see in the before picture I was in pitiful shape. I've since bounced back from that and then some. I'm the lightest I've ever weighed in 7 years(That's when I was 14 years old to put it in perspective).
Old 02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 378 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Ok I'll add a bit of simple information for people looking to lose weight, but don't know where to start.

There are a few very simple rules for losing weight. They're very simple and guaranteed to work.

1.)Burn more calories than you consume
2.) Lift weights 3-5 times a week
3.) Drink plenty of water
4.) Make sure you are consuming at least 1gram of protein per pound of lean body mass

It's very simple really. You don't need to take any supplements or fat burners, that's all hype. Everything that works well is illegal.

Don't get caught up with the number on the scale either. You'll eventually hit a wall and if you're lifting weights like you should you should still be burning fat and not muscle.

For me, I do a 5 day split.
-Chest
-Triceps
-Beach muscles(biceps and forearms)
-Back
-Shoulders

Cardio is nice, but it just allows you to eat more food and very little else. If you like eating, then do some cardio, but burning 500 calories on the treadmill is the same as just not eating 500 calories.

The biggest thing people make is that they workout hard at the gym, but not at home. You can lift weights and do cardio all day, but if you eat like crap and consume too many calories, you're just going to stay fat.

Now I'm not an expert, but I know a good bit about weight training and dieting. In high school I was a state ranked power lifter, and I'm currently playing college baseball. However, in addition I've been hurt lately and my dieting and weightlifting went to hell and as you see in the before picture I was in pitiful shape. I've since bounced back from that and then some. I'm the lightest I've ever weighed in 7 years(That's when I was 14 years old to put it in perspective).
Good advice but you are completely neglecting the huge muscles in the legs. I prefer a 4 day rotation personally,
Monday: squats/legs
tuesday: off
wednesday: chest/triceps/biceps (in that order)
thursday: shoulders
friday: deadlift/back
Old 02-04-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Atomic
Good advice but you are completely neglecting the huge muscles in the legs. I prefer a 4 day rotation personally,
Monday: squats/legs
tuesday: off
wednesday: chest/triceps/biceps (in that order)
thursday: shoulders
friday: deadlift/back
Other people yes, but for me my upper body is ridiculously unproportional to my lower body. I have plenty of muscle already in my legs(27" thighs). This is without flexing my legs very hard too.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:38 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck to all of you trying to lose weight, Its the toughest thing to do in the world, but can be done!

I have always been big, but las summer i had enough!

I was 325 lbs 6' tall.

So far ive lost 106 lbs so far and feel look like a new man. Went from a 46 pants to 36 . People actually call my skinny, its hard to hear that after being fat for so long.

You guys can do it There is a way for everyone out there.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:16 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

that's incredible! What did you do to lose so much?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:33 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
that's incredible! What did you do to lose so much?
thanks Trever. BTW your truck has really came along since ive been here last! Fricken Awesome!!!

I was at a crossroads, I was eating my way to a very sedentary life, my knees hurt, i just wanted to sit, instead of play with my 2 year old son.

My chloresterol was thru the roof. so was my blood pressure. I am 33 years old but i knew if i didnt change i wouldnt be a good father /husband to my family.

So last august i had Roux-En-Y gastric bypass surgery.

It saved my life , literally,

Its not for everyone, and its NOT EASY. But its worth it!

I used to crave sweets and chocolate, i loved that stuff.

Now i cant eat it or i get sick, But thats fine with me, that stuff is what made me fat along with way to much portions for meals.

I eat normal meals now, 1 plate and im full. Sometimes less, and now icrave spicy instead of sweet.

I exercise 20 mins a day 4 times a week and feel great. I always lifted weights and still do.

I have a thread on it on thedieselplace.com

Last edited by TIM Z; 02-04-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Today's Update:
Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Mark, my wife's begining to wonder wtf I'm looking at here ...

Tim, yeah good for you man, wise decision and it's working well for you. It's been a while since you were busy on the board, good to see you back
Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by trever1t
Mark, my wife's begining to wonder wtf I'm looking at here ...

Tim, yeah good for you man, wise decision and it's working well for you. It's been a while since you were busy on the board, good to see you back
Haha there's two reasons, for me posting in here and on the board more. I'm single after a 4 year relationship. It was my starting motivation. I'm sure to everyone else I look like a douche bag, but it weird to be able to do something you didn't think you can do. I'm proud of myself as arrogant as that sounds.

Quick Reply: Calling all Meatheads! Weight loss competition.